E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Urgent! Help with rear lowering links install.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2019, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 CLS 550
Urgent! Help with rear lowering links install.

Hi I am posting this on this forum as I know it's more active then the CLS550 forum and they have similar air suspension. Over the weekend I installed lowing links on my 12 CLS 550, the fronts and rears were a breeze. I had the vehicle on a hoist and removed each as directed. When we set the vehicle back down off the hoist, everything looked fine. After a quick test drive, the rears raised up really high, almost to full extension. I then tried putting the stock links back on but it didn't remedy the issue, it was still really high, pretty sure the rear air suspension was fully inflated. While the vehicle was on ground level, with the rear so high up, I could see the links, I pushed it down and the rear started to release air to level it out. It then bottomed out, releasing pretty much all the air. Not sure what's going on with the rear links, as the install was pretty straight forward. The rears unlike the fronts can pivot either inwards toward the diff or outwards toward the wheel, does anyone know the right way it should be pivoting? Is there anything else I should be doing to properly set them back in place? Can anyone take pictures of how their stock one looks or does anyone have pictures on how they should look properly installed? Please help as my vehicle is currently inoperable and sitting at the shop.
Old 08-05-2019, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 196 Likes on 171 Posts
2010 e550 p2
There are a few threads about it with a possible solutions.
Just gotta find them. In your case its most likely the sensor that you attach your link to , with like a little ball looking end. Basically during installation process you moved it away , and when were putting it bavk together you turned it the wrong way (like anti clockwise , but really it had to go clockwise , a silly example i know but you have an idea)

highlighted in yellow on the pic.