Bluetooth streaming possible?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 E220CDI
Bluetooth streaming possible?

Hello everybody,
I'm new here, this is my very first post.

I've owned and driven a 2012 C180 sedan for the last few years, I sold it this spring and have been driving my vintage Volvo during the summer. I started looking for an used E-class some time ago and last week I finally bought a 2012 E220 CDI which I'm so far very happy with.

However, there is one small annoyance: the lack of Bluetooth streaming from my phone. I've always used this feature and I liked how I could change tracks directly with the scroll wheel or buttons without touching my phone while driving (illegal here). However, my E-class only has a very basic system with CD/AUX and handsfree calls, but no streaming or navi. I've seen some guides how to activate bluetooth audio via the engineering menu, but mine looks different (a couple of small "boxes" instead of a scroll list). Elsewhere I've read that I simply have to go to the dealership to get some kind of update installed to get full bluetooth functionality, I don't know if that's true? According to the VIN code, I have " CODE 523 RADIO AUDIO 20", the car is built in very early 2012 which I suppose would mean I have NTG 4?

The AUX is decent but I miss being able to change tracks, and also I have to crank up the volume all the way for some reason. Not that nice when turning on the radio instead and having my ears blown off!

Last edited by Björn Lillpers; 10-05-2019 at 11:07 AM.