E550 Airmatic front too high

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2019, 03:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 E550 4Matic
E550 Airmatic front too high

I hope someone can help,

We have a 2011 E550 4 Matic that the dealership replaced the front struts on a year ago. I have just replaced the rear air springs myself and used the ride height button on the console next to the C/S button to air the car back up. This all went as planned but the front has never come back down. Of course now going down the road we get the "AirMatic Arrow Up" malfunction indication.

I don't think I did anything wrong but not sure. This could be just a another failure that happened to coincide but maybe someone out there would know.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Old 11-12-2019, 11:58 PM

Received 238 Likes on 164 Posts
W203 W212 W211 R53MCS
Without looking at codes in airmatic module or performing actuations to test components it will be very hard to give you any help. Find a shop that has the experience working on Mercedes air suspension to get a diagnostic.
Old 11-13-2019, 09:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 914 Likes on 652 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Airmaticwoes
I hope someone can help,

We have a 2011 E550 4 Matic that the dealership replaced the front struts on a year ago. I have just replaced the rear air springs myself and used the ride height button on the console next to the C/S button to air the car back up. This all went as planned but the front has never come back down. Of course now going down the road we get the "AirMatic Arrow Up" malfunction indication.

I don't think I did anything wrong but not sure. This could be just a another failure that happened to coincide but maybe someone out there would know.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
If it was me I would disconnect the battery. Then I would bleed air out from the front springs and let car front go all the way down. Then connect battery and start it up and see if it finds the correct level again.

You might also need to reset the trouble code(s) as the system may have locked itself for having the level sensors out of range.

Get a iCarsoft MB II or some other scanner that can read the level sensors. Very helpful tool to have.