W212 E220 No power / ignition / drive

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2020, 07:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 E220
W212 E220 No power / ignition / drive

Hi guys.
My e-class is giving trouble recently. First time this started was about two weeks ago, after about an hour driving all dash lights disappear and car goes into park and won’t drive while the engine is still running. When this happened I had no power inside the car to do anything even switch on hazard warning lights, I could take the key out of the ignition and the engine would still run, after about 30mins pulled over on the side of the road the engine shut off and my dash lights came back and all worked fine.

The very same thing then happened the following day but luckily I wasn’t far from home.
Then a few days ago I went out to the car in the morning, put key in the ignition, no dash lights and no start, I then left it for a few hours and came back to it and everything worked fine.
Yesterday I went to the shop and came back out, started the car, started fine but dash lights disappeared, no command and no drive, once again I could remove the key and engine would still run.
Battery terminals seem perfect and loads of power from the battery
I scanned for codes with delphi and got a couple of faults from the instrument cluster and the EZS module.
I was told before that the front SAM module can be troublesome so I removed this and inspected for any corrosion etc but there was nothing too obvious.

Had anyone encountered something like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 01-01-2020, 09:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,622 Likes on 1,191 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
Troubleshoot the EIS ignition starter module with your dealer. Search EIS here for similar issues with other W212