E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

QUESTIONS: JOYEAUTO NGT4.5/4.7 unit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2020 | 12:43 PM

2014 E250
QUESTIONS: JOYEAUTO NGT4.5/4.7 unit

Maybe I should have put this at the bottom of the DIY thread, but that one’s getting a little long now and these questions don’t relate to a DIY installation. Maybe this thread will work for discussion of using the unit once it is installed and working.

1. How can I prevent Joyeauto from starting iTunes as soon as connection is made? Sometimes I want some peace and quiet when I get in the car.

2. How can I make my iPhone stop playing iTunes when I have turned off the car and stepped out? Interesting thing: the iPhone seems not to be playing when I step out of the car, but it waits a while before it starts blasting music from my pocket. Am I doomed to manually killing iTunes every time I get out of the car? Same thing with Waze and other navigation programs. They keep running on my iPhone when I leave the car.

3. Is Joyeauto aware that the unit regularly locks up, allowing the COMAND knob to move the cursor only an icon or two left or right until I long press the back button twice? Are they working on a fix?

Old 02-24-2020 | 11:29 AM

none
Originally Posted by Favog
Maybe I should have put this at the bottom of the DIY thread, but that one’s getting a little long now and these questions don’t relate to a DIY installation. Maybe this thread will work for discussion of using the unit once it is installed and working.

1. How can I prevent Joyeauto from starting iTunes as soon as connection is made? Sometimes I want some peace and quiet when I get in the car.

2. How can I make my iPhone stop playing iTunes when I have turned off the car and stepped out? Interesting thing: the iPhone seems not to be playing when I step out of the car, but it waits a while before it starts blasting music from my pocket. Am I doomed to manually killing iTunes every time I get out of the car? Same thing with Waze and other navigation programs. They keep running on my iPhone when I leave the car.

3. Is Joyeauto aware that the unit regularly locks up, allowing the COMAND knob to move the cursor only an icon or two left or right until I long press the back button twice? Are they working on a fix?
They are aware. I also have the same exact problems as you. They don’t have a solution for the icon issues. They said it’s happens because the factory HU loads before the Joyeauto unit.

Have you or anyone else found a workaround?
Old 02-24-2020 | 05:54 PM

2014 E250
Originally Posted by inittab
They are aware. I also have the same exact problems as you. They don’t have a solution for the icon issues. They said it’s happens because the factory HU loads before the Joyeauto unit.

Have you or anyone else found a workaround?
Not yet for me.

As for the other stuff, I have discovered to my puzzlement that sometimes iTunes doesn't start playing automatically and I have peace and quiet until I tell Siri to start it up. But once I've done that, I'm back to having it start every time I get in the car until...until it doesn't anymore. I can't figure out what's going on.
Old 02-24-2020 | 07:44 PM

none
Originally Posted by Favog
Not yet for me.

As for the other stuff, I have discovered to my puzzlement that sometimes iTunes doesn't start playing automatically and I have peace and quiet until I tell Siri to start it up. But once I've done that, I'm back to having it start every time I get in the car until...until it doesn't anymore. I can't figure out what's going on.
I think the following is happening. Using wireless carplay, you turn off the car and walk away. The joyeauto unit still stays connected to the phone over WiFi. If you check your phone, you will see that the music hasn’t paused, it’s still streaming to the carplay device. You won’t hear it since the HU is off.

When you are out of reach of the WiFi signal, the audio will cut over to your phone’s speaker.

The problem is that, when you turn off the car the Joyeauto stays powered on for a while and would not not pause the music when on WiFi. If you are connected via the lightning cable, the act of unplugging the cable pauses the music.
Joyauto.

I do not know how to fix this so I have to pause the music manually before getting out of the car or else I could end up in the supermarket when suddenly music stars blasting. How embarrassing man. Sucks.