Sporadic airmatic issue.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2020, 10:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
S212
Sporadic airmatic issue.

2013 E350 wagon with rear only airmatic. 110k miles
This started about a 3 weeks ago, park the car next to my house and by morning rear was dropped to the floor on passenger side. Didn't really think much of it, though oh well time to replace bags etc. Go to work park, after 8 hours car is level no drop or anything. Next few days go by and nothing happens. Then again park close to where the car dropped the first time and its down on passenger side. Weekend comes around I got on vacation with car parked in the airport for a week, come back the car is leveled. Drive for more than a week nothing happens so twice it dropped and that was it. Well on monday I park in the exact spot where it dropped the second time and it dropped again.
So at this point im thinking that there is a leak only when car at specific angle, all three times it dropped that tire was the lowest in elevation.
Or there is something in that specific area that makes it drop? All three times it dropped was withing 100ft and car was pointing uphill with the passenger side lower than the driver's because of road crown.

I don't mind replacing parts, but i'd like to be able to replicate the problem at my shop, so just trying to figure out the logic here.
And whats the usual choice for replacement arnott or oem?