E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2013 US spec E350 - accessing DS low beam bulb

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2020, 04:03 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts
2013 E350 Kombi
2013 US spec E350 - accessing DS low beam bulb

I replaced all of the bulbs in my E350 kombi with higher output units. I was able to access them all fairly easily, except for the driver's side low beam. I found online resources showing the fender well liner being removed. I found another way and thought I'd detail it. I have halogens but I think this would work for HIDs as well.

I don't know what his doodad is but it has to move! Push the red tab over and remove the electrical connector.

Pull the whole unit upwards off the metal tab it mounts to. This is the rubber mount after it is pulled off. You can see the tab it goes onto just to the right of my finger. Push the whole works out of the way towards the engine.

Unscrew the plastic screw holding the AC line bracket down just in front of the shock tower.

Unscrew the nut holding the AC line clamp at the back of the shock tower. Lift the clamp off the stud.

Once that is all done the AC line can be repositioned enough to enable a hand to reach in and take the back cover off the headlight unit, enabling access to the bulb.