W212 Comand Screen Noise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2020, 05:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212 e220
W212 Comand Screen Noise

hi all,

since recently experiencing red noise in my 2010 e220 comand screen. See attached video, have tried resetting the comand unit but with no success (how do you hard-reset it?

The red noise on the screen of which I can't find anything on the internet is still there. I have recorded a video of it, see below.

Please not that it appears the red-noise becomes less when i turn off the contact. It so happens the issue was already there when I recently changed the battery so I wouldn't suspect it is that.

It also appears that it is only on the black patches of screen, as if the screen can't render black anymore but any other color is fine, the weird thing is that the reversing camera doesn't do this, also not on black cars...

The red noise on the screen of which I can't find anything on the internet is still there. I have recorded a video of it, see below.

Please not that it appears the red-noise becomes less when i turn off the contact. It so happens the issue was already there when I recently changed the battery so I wouldn't suspect it is that.

It also appears that it is only on the black patches of screen, as if the screen can't render black anymore, the weird thing is that the reversing camera doesn't seem at all affected by this, also not on black cars...

Also I dont have the MB logo at startup, my screen stays blank untill I press a button. Have a feeling that this is related.

Any guesses anyone?

[MEDIA=youtube]AcvGU39_js0[/MEDIA]

Last edited by Sander1337; 07-13-2020 at 05:58 PM.
Old 07-15-2020, 11:24 AM

Received 382 Likes on 246 Posts
2012 E550 sedan 2019 E63 Wagon
Looks like a loose or bad optical cable from command. Has anyone taken the screen out?