Adding OEM mods/options to my 14 E350 Wagon

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2020, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Wagon
Adding OEM mods/options to my 14 E350 Wagon

Hi,
Is there anyone in the USA that is adding OEM mods/options like Steve in the Netherlands? I'd like to add parktronic and power folding side mirrors to my 14 E350 Wagon.
I contacted Steve about a month ago and unfortunately he is not traveling to the US anymore. Steve does amazing work and I'd really like to find that type of installer here in the US.
Thanks
Old 07-27-2020, 11:36 PM

Received 170 Likes on 112 Posts
2015 E250 Bluetec
If you do not have much experience with Parktronic I would try to demo it several times before putting a lot of time and money into a retrofit.

I have it on my 2015. After it actually recognizes a spot it is good and quick at parking. However I often find it challenging to make it recognize a spot, to the point that I rarely use it. It is especially hard to get it to recognize side-by-side parking spots and it only seems to want to park between two vehicles, not in a marked spot without adjacent vehicles.
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (07-28-2020)
Old 07-28-2020, 07:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Wagon
Thank you

Originally Posted by ccww
If you do not have much experience with Parktronic I would try to demo it several times before putting a lot of time and money into a retrofit.

I have it on my 2015. After it actually recognizes a spot it is good and quick at parking. However I often find it challenging to make it recognize a spot, to the point that I rarely use it. It is especially hard to get it to recognize side-by-side parking spots and it only seems to want to park between two vehicles, not in a marked spot without adjacent vehicles.
I really wanted it for the front and rear sensors. Yes I agree the parking piece of this I would most likely never use. I have actually driven a GLE with Parktronic and you are right it was very hard for the system to recognize a parking space. It took me 4 tries before it worked.
Old 07-28-2020, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,128 Likes on 754 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
The more you use it the better it gets for parking, I don't use it often either as I know how to parallel park, it works less well in head in parking, but I do like it for telling me when to stop, has saved me a couple of times.