ARMREST FLAP DESMOUNTE

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-10-2020, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 BlueTEC 2016
ARMREST FLAP DESMOUNTE

Hello. bought a w212 facelift.
a strange thing that i have never seen before, the rubber seal on the inside of left armrest flap is worn out/destroyed somehow.
The seal itself is nowhere to buy, but can be replaced by some other kind of rubber seal, the only problem is how to pull it out.
The cover itself (the part that is covered with leather like material) is pushed in the plastic molding and probably attached by some clips etc from the inside.
Has anybody any experience how to remove it, pull it off. I have the plastic tools, tried with not much force to pop it out but it looks like its attached very good somehow.

Old 05-07-2024, 06:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
hi Nesib Garic, I have the same problem. did you find a solution for this ? thanks !
Old 05-07-2024, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,751 Likes on 1,121 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
I wouldn't touch this at all... pull off the one side, then the other side will look mismatched, until you pull that side off... then the rattles start, etc. Fix one "problem" only to create a cascade of several others.

I didn't even know the armrests had these seals. I will inspect mine -- just to see -- but I will NOT be doing anything to the seals no matter how they look... As I mentioned, I didn't even know............