W212 E200 lost power/torgue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2020, 10:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E200 W212 Face
W212 E200 lost power/torgue

Hi there,

I own W212 Facelift E200 OM651. The car is remapped to approximately 190HP. It was driving perfectly until the other day. I put some fuel and while sharp speeding up out of the gas station getting on the boulevard I lost power/torque. Like the turbo went off. The car would go to high revs and I had to use the peddles to switch gears early. Limp Mode? No engine light came on.

I went home and turned off the car. Went upstairs to pick up the Bluetooth obd2 reader I had and started the car. It had some of its power restored/out of limp mode. The old read something related to B60 (exhaust backpressure). It now runs, no check light, no stored errors but doesn't pull as much as it was doing before that. Like I am down 30-40hps and a hundred Nm. Had the car connected to star but no errors and everything seems to be within range(boost pressure/back pressure/differential pressure)... Also, I think the engine is a little bit louder now and It is now close to stock in performance

Nothing unusual happened the day I had the limp mode. The temperatures were down as winter is closing in but I never floor the car unless it is above 80C on engine oil.

Any suggestions on what to check next?

Kind Regards!