Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2021, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,120 Likes on 2,418 Posts
2014 - W212 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Part 2 - Front SAM N10/1, cluster free, 10 sheets

So what/where is the part 1 ?

This one : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...-87m-50-a.html

The more I looked at N10/1 Front SAM, the more I find too much information on it to serve all W212 model variants.......... made me migrain reading it.
However, it is a very complete but UNFRIENDLY wiring diagram.

I am attaching a cluster free N10/1 of mine as example for you guys to edit out to your needs, hoping it will be easier read when the time comes you need to troubleshoot.
I also am attaching a JPEG based N10/1 for you to edit as required, to make it your own clusterfree N10/1 diagram.

Being in JPEG and a ONE PAGER, it can help us find fuses and connections faster, while using a live WIS or a PDF of the diagram on a 2nd screen.
Also attached N10/1 Front SAM in best scaling for easier view. Other important information inlcuded.
Yes, having access to a WIS will allow you guys to branch out to other wiring diagram.

Some fuses are found on different sheet ( 10 sheet for N10/1 Front SAM ) and connected to different device/s.
So if you do not remember or scan thru all 10 sheets, you will missed some fuses actual total wiring run.
I have made an excel just for that, where to find fuse on what sheet number and which fuse/s shown in more than 1 sheet.
W212 - FRONT SAM - EASY FUSE & RELAY, DIAGRAM FINDER.xlsx

==============================

One important reminder :

Fuse F27 at Front SAM is a stand alone power source from F32 directly, also fused at F32 PreFuse using MR6 of 60 amps. The input at Front SAM is 12S terminal.
This 12S terminal also directly feed Relay R pin 30, that means loss of power source ( Circuit 30) of Relay R or for Fuse 27 , it can not be tracked down at front SAM, track it at F32 PreFuse MR6 60 amps fuse.
Fuse F27 is for Engine computer N3/10 logic board. N3/10 engine computer depending on engine model and option level, uses up to total of 4-5 fuses. You can find this info in my Part 1, in the PDF section
called : CRITICAL MODULE WITH MORE THAN 1 FUSES SUPPLYING POWER TO IT page 15. When I have time I will improve that file, for easier tracking of fuses location towards which sheet/s of N10/1 Front SAM.

So, Front SAM has 2 of Circuit 30. 1 of Circuit 30g. See Sheet 1.

============================

You need to see my specific W212.065 Front SAM cluster-free diagrams ( attached) to understand below for Fuse 18 , because if you study all fuses in detail, you will get the same confusion/doubt.

Note 1: I can't yet trace 100% of what module type my CAR doesn't have, example Sheet 2 , S1 light switch. Networked type of non-networked type .... I don't know yet, need to remove that switch and trace wire numbers and colors... me lazy.

Note 2 : Sheet 9, Fuse 18 is a mystery as it has a weird way of being supplied supposedly from 2 of Circuit 30. I can't verify the connection where the 2nd Circuit 30 comes from...or is this a drawing error by MB ?
There is no 3rd Circuit 30 for Front SAM.

Note 3 : Sheet 2, also Fuse 18. I am sure this is a double screw up as in Sheet 9. Here in Sheet 2, Fuse 18 is drawn as such it has 1 more output/connection to somewhere unknown.... I can't find where it leads to.
So on Sheet 9, Fuse 18 supposedly has 2 power sources , but at Sheet 2 it is supposedy having a 3rd output/connection. LOL

Note 4 : The frustating thing in some of the sheet/s are when Circuit 15 or Circuit 87M is drawn to extreme right side and seemed like there is another sheet to link it up........and then the very next sheet SHOWS nothing...LOL.
The way the diagram is drawn is still maintaining ( sort of ) the discipline of FROM LEFT TO RIGHT , which LEFT is for source of power.

Last word.
Take this 10 sheets of N10/1 diagram as 10 diagrams made by 10 different people, serving the same goal.
Do not think it is to be printed and glued all 10 together side by side, it wont work...you will puke reading them...
Study each and every one separately and do use the excel fuses/relays list to assist.

Enjoy the information.... hope it come handy someday for you guys or you are one of those who enjoy learning more of your W212, for the sake of learning and not
simply the need for troubleshooting.

The following 3 users liked this post by S-Prihadi:
CaliBenzDriver (09-16-2021), Plutoe (09-16-2021), Senecat (09-17-2021)