E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

fuse box - hardwiring dash cam

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-10-2022, 11:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w212
fuse box - hardwiring dash cam

hi, im looking to hardwire my blackvue dash cam to my w212. i found a fuse box just inside the driver door behind the light switch, and there are only one 20amp fuse one the 116 position. do any of you know what this fuse do, and is there posible to find a diagram over this fuse box? i have googled but cant seem to find any

And do any of you know if i can hardwire my blackvue via this fuse box or if i have to go via the fuse box in the trunk. I think i need one always live, and one live when engine is on.
Old 03-13-2022, 03:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ML260
Hi, Whilst I had ML250 2014 I hard wired my celllink pro dash cam battery that powered two channel blackvue DRS900. It worked perfect from the moment I installed it and until sold the car, in total 7 years. The dash cam would charge only when the car was turned on. I recently bought a GLE350DE and I am struggling to find the correct fuses to couple with it. I wanted to use the fuses in the trunk compartment, right side, 400-488. There are a number of them that are 'reserve' for which I do not have the descriptions and not confident to use as the car is a hybrid. It will help if anyone that will reply to your comment replies to mine as well. If you need advice on the non hybrid models I can send you pictures of what I did for my ML250 2014.