E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Source for interior plastic parts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2022, 08:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
E350 Wagon
Source for interior plastic parts?

Disclaimer: New to forums, new to Mercedes-Benz, and I have a "new to me" 2011 W212 wagon.

I found and purchased a nice, 50K mile W212 wagon. It's a rust-free Texas car, a big deal in Michigan, but the TX sun has made some interior plastic parts appear to be made of the same unknown substance as Pringles potato chips. All four of my rear seat release handles exploded when I touched them (only a slight exaggeration). The sketches and descriptions at www.mercedesbenzpartsstore.com leave a lot to be desired so I'm hesitant to order anything from there.

Has anyone else gone down this path and found a tolerable way to spend two paychecks on a handful of plastic bits?

TIA

Last edited by BigUgly; 03-19-2022 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:37 PM

Received 277 Likes on 178 Posts
2011 E350 Wagon, 2010 GL450
Howdy! I also picked mine up in Texas. Fortunately they had a heavy tint on it so the interior was in great shape except for the wood trim which is common anywhere.

eBay is going to be your friend. I've had good luck ordering interior parts there. Glossy bits are trickier as they show wear easier, but you can usually talk with the seller and get a good idea of what it looks like. Every once in a while a W212 will pop up in a pick-n-pull but it's rare. I've been replacing bits and pieces here and there over the 3 years I've owned it as I find good prices for them.

MBEpc can get you pretty darn close to the part number, but for the best precision you'll need a full copy of EPC, which is part of WIS. WIS also has repair guides so it's well worth the effort. Many folks buy a copy on eBay, but be warned it's a bit involved to get running. You can also post here if you're looking for a particular part or instructions. There's a number of helpful people that provide such things for fellow members.

Here's the MBEpc link I use: https://mbepc.net/1/fg/e/d22/212287
And the engine: https://mbepc.net/1/m/m272/d70/272977
Old 03-21-2022, 06:51 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
E350 Wagon
Outstanding! Thank you!