E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Adding an AUX and/or USB to my 2010 NTG4 - plus pics of removed iPod Integration

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-04-2022, 01:12 PM

Received 81 Likes on 46 Posts
2010 Mercedes E350 Base Sedan
Adding an AUX and/or USB to my 2010 NTG4 - plus pics of removed iPod Integration

2010 W212 Base Sedan, in-service date of 12-2009 - so it has early everything.

Many posts with pictures here show a rectangular connector in the glove box where a cable plugs in that provides AUX and USB. I just had an iPod dock connector on a cable going through a grommet in that location. There's even a rectangular marking on my glovebox where that connector would go. I guess my car was too early in production to have a simple AUX port.

I'll never own an iPod. I'm looking to go the 10.25" Android touchscreen route. Some installation directions show one of the system connections using a stereo 1/8" plug into the NTG4 AUX input. I have seen conflicting claims about whether it is needed.

Meanwhile, an AUX port would be nice.

I pulled the iPod integration out of the car while I was in there adding a backup camera. It is a beast. Pic below. This thing looks like an afterthought that was replaced by something better later in the same model year. It also looks like an aftermarket hack with that inline connector - the same setup as the Android upgrade. I could not salvage the part number sticker because it was attached with the fiercest velcro I have ever seen. It has a coaxial connection so it might play video too.

How can I add an AUX port? I think I might need a "Media Integration" something. I was hoping for a simple passive cable that connects to the NTG4. eBay listings show the cable that connects in the glove box. I'm wondering what is between that glove box jack and the NTG4.

In unrelated news - anybody have a use for this thing?

Old 04-08-2022, 10:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 505 Likes on 339 Posts
1983 Nissan Shltbox
I haven't even opened my glovebox yet (only had the car a year and 3500 mi), so I'm not sure, but my 2013 has AUX and iPod interface connections in the center console. Does this mean it changed? Are our setups opposite?