How to remove top dash air vent grille?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-06-2022, 04:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W212 E250 CDI 4Matic
How to remove top dash air vent grille?

Hi all,
I would like to remove air vent grille on top of dashboard of my W212. There is center part which include Parktronic warning LED and Sun sensor, it is easy to remove just pry out from front with small wedge tool.
C-Class top vent grille is just push from side to center, it remove easily but W212 E-Class, I try hard with strong wedge tool, it is impossible to pry out, if I push up more, it's clip pin should be break out (On Ebay, second-hand used grille also some pins broken).
How do I remove this grille safely? There is something inside under the right side grille. Rattle and tick sound come out from under this part. When I drive car on rough road, tick-tock-click about 50% of time. I did disassemble whole dashboard part, command, audio, front-left-right air vent, speedometer, glove box and more, try to find noise source, there is nothing but only this grille is left. When I knock this grille couple times on top, I can hear same click-tik-tok noise from under this grille. I am frustrate. Fight with this part for over a week....
Please let me know the way to pry out this dame thing...!!

Last edited by vcastceo; 04-06-2022 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Add some explanation
Old 04-06-2022, 11:27 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,440 Likes on 3,153 Posts
'71 Pinto
Tape surrounding area then you need to carefully push front plastic clips inward to release one by one allowing you to lift cover out.

The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (04-06-2022)