E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Caution for Keyless GO 889 & Dynamic LED 641/642 & B03 Start Stop troubleshooter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2022, 06:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,449 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Caution for Keyless GO 889 & Dynamic LED 641/642 & B03 Start Stop troubleshooter

Hi Gang,

I am in the process of catalogging my rear SAM fuses & relay actual users/devices.
So I have to read a lot the WIS wiring diaghram of what goes where and depending on if the car is facelift or before facelift and what option levels your car has.
Its a very frustrating process because there are so many extra small components you never know exist in the car because they are not linked to any CAN BUS data line.
Deleting part of the diaghram for what is NOT for our car vs for what IS on our car, is another time consuming task.

Now, I will share what I found out for my model Year 2014, delivery date 30th Aug 2013 as per VIN and must be Germany as parts to Indonesia to be assembled.
I am sure in WIS I need to use 03/2013---> category aka facelift.

Those with facelift and an E400 can be tricky, because sometimes using M276 category is not good enough, there are specific info for M276.8 ( my engine is M276.820 ) we must look for if any.
M276 being 3.5L and is so popular, at the time of WIS writing in 2009 ( before facelift ) the drafter probably never imagined there will be M276.8 engines in 2013 up.

THE KEYLESS GO, code 889
Using Rear SAM diagram, you will find on sheet 9, information which may link you to another diagram for the N69/5 Keyless GO itself, as shown by the red arrow.

The above linked diagram red arrow will bring you to : pe80.61-p-2101-97daa , Wiring diagram for Keyless Go control unit
However, do be very careful because daa seems to be for before facelift version, based on the Fuse 74 it is supplied by.
Since Rear SAM wiring diagram is a data complilation since Day 1 the W212 rolls out..... to end of model life, earlier on the drafter or engineer never bother to indicate built date for the U82 box above.
This is the part I often get frustrated with, screening again and again all 10 pages wiring diagram per item you think is option in your car, to make sure your car being a facelift one is using the correct linked diagram.

If you car is a facelift model, Rear SAM sheet , you then must go to sheet 8 of Rear SAM

The very explanation on the daa diaghram almost tricked me. Up to Model Year 2014 in my understanding of English means my car is covered by the daa diaghram.

When I saw dab diagram then I realized, DANG !!! This dab one seems more legit for my facelift
MB should stick to year of production as per Data Card like how the general WIS Rear SAM diaghram indicated dates.

If you use the wrong diagram, see below for the confusion it may cause you while looking at this module , good thing the connector at the modules are totally different LOL

Wiring diagram for both will be in the ZIP attachment

================================================== ====

Now for 641/642 Dynamic LED - ILS Headlight.

I knew this since last year and I think I shared it once before to some poster from Middle East asking issue with his ILS.
I am sharing again here, just in case.

The information on the fuse list is not accurate for F74 and F75 for cars with ILS Dynamic LED 641/642

Wiring diagram of these lights LEFT and RIGHT along with my own notes will be in the ZIP.

================================================== ==============

B03 Start Stop. I can only speak for my facelift model. Which :
AA. Has baby 12Ah start stop battery at the trunk and no small AUX battery at the dash.
BB. Not using Capacitor based Start Stop I think called Voltage Dip Protection or something like that, mine is as per AA above.
CC. Main battery at engine bay and not at trunk.

You will likely use this diagram :

Original resolution of the image below is in the ZIP, I know image posted are reduced in resolution by the forum.

Thanks to Calibenz, I got him to find where the hell Fuse 97 is at

Find the attached ZIP, combo files.

Happy troubleshooting....................

Attached Files
File Type: zip
New folder (6).zip (10.79 MB, 23 views)
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 08:35 AM

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts
2013 E350 4Matic P2 Pano
@S-Prihadi Awesome work and detailed information as always!!

Is it me, or does MB try to make things more difficult than they need to be? I have never seen another make that has so many parts that each need individual programming to work with the car, or use exclusive parts based on an engine or options. Now Im not saying they are in the same class, but many other makes use one computer, or relay or headlight etc to work with a multitude of lines to save costs not only to themselves but the consumer as well. It just makes me laugh.

Sorry, carry on

Chris
Old 05-09-2022, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,449 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Well, its complicated BB94 .
Any luxury car like MB, BMW and Audi, I guarantee you the complexity is alike for the same period of production year and equal class + options.

In ways what they are doing and if the components are working well, we as troubleshooter is greatly assisted by the availability of diagnostic data via CAN and often bi-directional test capability.
MB treats each device as a node or an identity or module. Example the front seats are "devices", both have their own electronic module N32/2 and N32/1 which monitor and control all the motors for reclining etc etc and talk/liase
to/with the steering column and rear view side mirrors if your car has the memory seat option 275.

Now, if a module goes haywire and take down the CAN BUS with it, the entire CAN BUS channel used by that module and its "friends", will have no communication.
If one Indie workshop is not familiar with MB and never read Xentry WIS, he will cry because hours will be wasted for simply learning how to use WIS data search capability...which is a TOTAL CRAP if you are comparing how
Google can search the entire world network and is decently accurate as in smart + fast.

For this very reason, I keep using WIS and Xentry in my freetime so that I know more of it and ....touchwood if anytime soon I will ever need complicated electrical/CAN-BUS troubleshooting.
At least now I wont be so stress and make more mistakes.

For now, I don't plan to buy newer benz in the future, newer model seems getting more complicated electronically.
If I sell this E400 of mine in I don't know when.... I will probaby not worry and just buy a boring Toyota 4 door sedan like my wife Corolla Cross SUV.... ha ha ha and get a Yaris GR too while at it, or the Corolla GR.

The following 2 users liked this post by S-Prihadi:
badbenz94 (05-09-2022), CaliBenzDriver (05-09-2022)
Old 05-09-2022, 02:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2014 E-class
I dont understand half of this, but you’re doing gods work mate keep it up
The following users liked this post:
Aussie_E350_Wag (07-17-2022)