E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 door chime swap / upgrade?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2022, 10:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
E350 (W212)
W212 door chime swap / upgrade?

I've looked online but haven't found anything yet, or maybe one doesn't want to waste time on something so "trivial", but I'm looking to "upgrade" my 2015 w212 door chime and parking sensor sound. I know it's a 2015, but I had a couple of issues with the appearance of some outdated features such as the small nav screen, the door chime, and parking sensor sounds. I upgraded to the 12" android screen, which makes a huge difference in my vehicle's interior. I previously didn't get questions about my vehicle when people got in, and now with the screen multiple people have complimented the screen, and even asked what year the car was, expecting to hear something later than 2015.

So on to my next "upgrade", I'm not a fan of the mono-channel door chime and parking sensors -- they sound like beeping from a car in the early 2000s. I really like the next gen's sound (
), so I want to upgrade to this. Has anyone ever done/attempted this? I'm guessing it'd be a fairly simple swap for both the door chime and parking sensor. I understand there's a programmable speaker you can buy from amazon in which you download the sound to your computer then upload to the speaker. Does anyone have some tips?

Thanks!

Last edited by jenki221; 05-26-2022 at 10:30 PM. Reason: corrected youtube link
The following users liked this post:
KlausPA (05-27-2022)