E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

W212 E 300 complete shutdown ecu also does not communicate

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 07:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W212
W212 E 300 complete shutdown ecu also does not communicate

Hi everyone! I'm János from Hungary and I ran into a nonsense problem independent car electrical service manager. I have a 2010 W212 E300 diesel car and I simply don't know what could be wrong. I was driving in the city at a speed of about 40 km/h when the car suddenly stopped, and like a Christmas tree, everything on the dashboard started to light up. I couldn't even tow it, only by lifting the rear wheels, they brought it home at a hefty price. Symptoms: 1.-Do not go to service without changing gears (red message) 2. When the ignition is on, the engine cooling fan consumes approx. 70 Amperes, continuous max. turning operation. 3. No start, but point 15 and point 50 go out of the ignition switch. (tested with LAUNCH X431 3 PRO diag) 4. Abs and Esp fault 5. There is no specific feedback as to which gear the gearbox is in. 6. The ISM module and the ECU do not communicate at all, but the 12 Volt goes out to the ISM module 7. In principle, there is no problem with the CAN-C high and low cables. 8. The other day I decided to manually engage the starter at the relay, and it started, but of course it didn't start. 9. All relays and fuses replaced both front and back 10. A small battery is perfect Please help me if you can, because I'm already very ashamed in the city that I can't fix my own car Thanks in advance. www.janaautovillamossag.hu
sorry for the language mistakes!!!
Old 12-12-2022, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,398 Likes on 2,578 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Can u access N93 CGW at the moment ? If this N93 has problem, you will loose a lot of CAN-BUS data channels.
Scan all your modules and take photo of them and post it here.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:53 AM

W212
Hi. thank you very much for your answer, unfortunately I can't find the CGW module and it says that it is at the right footwell.....maybe any tips.?
Old 12-31-2022, 03:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,398 Likes on 2,578 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
The fuse box in engine bay is a called N10/1 front SAM . Inside this front SAM is also a N93 CGW module and N10/1 computer module. So basically 2 different computer modules at front SAM.

Do not get confused with N93/7 or anything of this sort. You want to see N93
N93/7 is Chassis gateway control unit (with CODE 23P (Driving assistance package Plus))

N93 is gateway at front SAM to make sure various CAN-BUS-es can exchange information.
If this N93 module goes bad, you need new complete front SAM N10/1 and need to code the new N93 too.

I told you, take photos of all the modules your LAUNCH X431 scanner is showing and show us.
Aftermarket scanner often do not call N93 as N93 but only Central Gateway.
What I do not know is, what would aftermarket scanner call N93/7 chassis gateway ?

Here attached the true and correct modules name/number if using MB Xentry, but based on my E400 and its option level.
If diesel engine the engine computer N3/10 (gasoline) will be N3/9 (diesel) if I remember well.

Have fun ..................
Old 06-28-2024, 10:46 AM

e300
Originally Posted by zsigajana
Hi everyone! I'm János from Hungary and I ran into a nonsense problem independent car electrical service manager. I have a 2010 W212 E300 diesel car and I simply don't know what could be wrong. I was driving in the city at a speed of about 40 km/h when the car suddenly stopped, and like a Christmas tree, everything on the dashboard started to light up. I couldn't even tow it, only by lifting the rear wheels, they brought it home at a hefty price. Symptoms: 1.-Do not go to service without changing gears (red message) 2. When the ignition is on, the engine cooling fan consumes approx. 70 Amperes, continuous max. turning operation. 3. No start, but point 15 and point 50 go out of the ignition switch. (tested with LAUNCH X431 3 PRO diag) 4. Abs and Esp fault 5. There is no specific feedback as to which gear the gearbox is in. 6. The ISM module and the ECU do not communicate at all, but the 12 Volt goes out to the ISM module 7. In principle, there is no problem with the CAN-C high and low cables. 8. The other day I decided to manually engage the starter at the relay, and it started, but of course it didn't start. 9. All relays and fuses replaced both front and back 10. A small battery is perfect Please help me if you can, because I'm already very ashamed in the city that I can't fix my own car Thanks in advance. www.janaautovillamossag.hu
sorry for the language mistakes!!!
Did you manage to find the problem? Im having the same issue as you and cant fixed it. Thank you