Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-18-2023, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4,449 Likes on 2,605 Posts
2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Tools to assist troubleshooting

Guys,

Back in 2021, I reviewed Owon BT35T Plus bluetooth DMM, here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...lti-meter.html
I find it very useful, the bluetooth feature because I can move around the car and still has DMM data on my tablet.

Sometime ago I bought another one, this time from UNI-T. Called UT60BT

Let this reviewer does all the talking for UNI-T UT-60BT. Me got it from AliExpress at US$36 because shipping is free, albeit 3 weeks and import duty is low too at max 23%.

Becareful when you buy, some seller may post 2 products under 1 listing, a 60BT or a 60S , 60S does not have bluetooth.

=======================

These 2 DMM been useful too, where I need to have 2 data in one screen and DMM is not close by.
Synchronization of the data can be done using split screen and screen recorder, like below :

Owon at the hood and Uni-T inside the car, to do this test : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8740291

Testing the UNI-T BT60BT for Duty Cycle.
I never bothered to check if the Xentry is a true 10% signal by ECM to fan using my Fluke DMM, as long as I am within 1% I am happy.
10% is = OFF for fan. 90% is maximum.

I tested 10% , 20, 30, 40 ,50 and 60 and max 70% because my power supply limit is 33Amps only.

The car ECM and all supporting modules when doing scan test with Ignition ON-Engine OFF will consume approx 10-12 amps.
So below at 70% duty cycle is 30 amps, the fan itself would be approx 20 amps or 240 watts.

10% is = OFF for fan. 90% is maximum.
So approx 5 amps per 10% of duty cycle after the first 10%.

For those wanting to sense/read the duty cycle of the fan, it is easy and accessible if your engine is M276 3.5NA or smaller engines, or like mine the M276 3.0TT.
Pin 4 green wire with blue stripe to your DMM positive and chassis ground to DMM negative, so only 1 pin to probe.

F22 is fuse at Front SAM no 22.

=============================== Will continue=====================
Old 03-18-2023, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now, this one is new, bough today. EZCap 273.
This HDMI video signal recorder may not be for everyone, however, if you have mid-level Autel like MS906BT with HDMI out to show on a 2nd display, Autel screen record function is not a video file.
It is more of a stitched JPEG at only 1 image per 1 second update. Taking the data out from the unit is also troublesome. So a HDMI signal recorder make sense.

My need for this HDMI video signal recorder is to record my Xentry-Ninja version because I do not want any screen/video capture software on that laptop, keep the laptop sterile.
I find ability to record data for 1 hour or more will help troubleshooting or studying certain parameters you want to see.
Add a video editor and place other video capture from my tablet and phone like this test : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8740291 with 3 separate data input all being sync accurate to 1/30th second,
we now have a very good data logging video wise and at 1080p 60FPS.

If you have Xentry-Ninja version as reviewed here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...al-review.html
That Xentry-Ninja is very fast at 7.43 data point per second when using its limited 120 seconds logging on CSV .A 60FPS video means in a video editor we have 60 photos per 1 second, so it is good enough.

The review of the unit EXCap 273 HDMI recorder is here :

Manufacturer data here : https://ezcap.com/index.php/index/videorecorder.html

But I will share the finer details for it being a video-data logger use.

01. It has pass-thru capability, meaning you can record while sending the same signal to a 2nd display when and if needed.

Internal battery too. Can do supposedly 2 hours recording. Its power supply is typical USB 5V. So in a car you can get 12V-to-USB 5V adapter or use Laptop's USB and it will last for as long as a 256GB memory card will hold and that will be
like approx 16 hours if at 22Mb/s video bit rate.

Video quality for its capture. I focus on text clarity as most important.
Below is the captured video quality, I re-capture using Windows Sniping Tool. Below images are from Xentry simulator, it is part of Xentry-Ninja BenzNinja.

Video bit rate advertised as 22Mb/s, its not bad. Since it is a variable bit rate recording, it fluctuates and average is 15.8 Mb/s during my capture session.

Audio : It is capped at no more than 11Khz, so when you use it for music video intercept, its sounds like a GoPro camera kind of audio quality but better , however not worthy of a music video if you have good ears and a decent sound system or headphone.

Image quality as in video, it is not bad, I am impressed for its US$100 price. Below is a shark, yep . shark,...at a night dive I did in 2017.

Oky doky, that is all the "tool" review for now.
The following 2 users liked this post by S-Prihadi:
CaliBenzDriver (03-18-2023), juanmor40 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-18-2023, 11:14 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,567 Likes on 2,181 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by S-Prihadi
Now, this one is new, bough today. EZCap 273.
This HDMI video signal recorder may not be for everyone, however, if you have mid-level Autel like MS906BT with HDMI out to show on a 2nd display, Autel screen record function is not a video file.
It is more of a stitched JPEG at only 1 image per 1 second update. Taking the data out from the unit is also troublesome. So a HDMI signal recorder make sense.

My need for this HDMI video signal recorder is to record my Xentry-Ninja version because I do not want any screen/video capture software on that laptop, keep the laptop sterile.
I find ability to record data for 1 hour or more will help troubleshooting or studying certain parameters you want to see.
Add a video editor and place other video capture from my tablet and phone like this test : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8740291 with 3 separate data input all being sync accurate to 1/30th second,
we now have a very good data logging video wise and at 1080p 60FPS.

If you have Xentry-Ninja version as reviewed here : https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...al-review.html
That Xentry-Ninja is very fast at 7.43 data point per second when using its limited 120 seconds logging on CSV .A 60FPS video means in a video editor we have 60 photos per 1 second, so it is good enough.

The review of the unit EXCap 273 HDMI recorder is here :
https://youtu.be/Xno4Vg0eDX8

Manufacturer data here : https://ezcap.com/index.php/index/videorecorder.html

But I will share the finer details for it being a video-data logger use.

01. It has pass-thru capability, meaning you can record while sending the same signal to a 2nd display when and if needed.

Internal battery too. Can do supposedly 2 hours recording. Its power supply is typical USB 5V. So in a car you can get 12V-to-USB 5V adapter or use Laptop's USB and it will last for as long as a 256GB memory card will hold and that will be
like approx 16 hours if at 22Mb/s video bit rate.

Video quality for its capture. I focus on text clarity as most important.
Below is the captured video quality, I re-capture using Windows Sniping Tool. Below images are from Xentry simulator, it is part of Xentry-Ninja BenzNinja.

Video bit rate advertised as 22Mb/s, its not bad. Since it is a variable bit rate recording, it fluctuates and average is 15.8 Mb/s during my capture session.

Audio : It is capped at no more than 11Khz, so when you use it for music video intercept, its sounds like a GoPro camera kind of audio quality but better , however not worthy of a music video if you have good ears and a decent sound system or headphone.

Image quality as in video, it is not bad, I am impressed for its US$100 price. Below is a shark, yep . shark,...at a night dive I did in 2017.

Oky doky, that is all the "tool" review for now.
That is a very detailed review OP, thanks. Glad it works out well for you.
The following users liked this post:
S-Prihadi (03-19-2023)
Old 03-22-2023, 12:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Now the not so good news. Tested the recorder on Autel HDMI out, which I set at 720p 60hz

There are some pages or scenes which will be distorted, but the good thing is, the data we want 98% of the time is clean.

Here is an example of the distortion :

The recorder own screen is good and also its output to another 27" display ( pass thru ), it seems the video decoding/encoding during recording went banana specific for Autel video out.
Looks like corrupted video file ...LOL.

Above is recorded file

Live data and other pages luckily is good

So for recording Autel video out, it is still useable but NOT VERY PLEASANT
I just updated the Autel UI firmware before this test, I do not know if that has any effect or not.

Of late, I been very un-happy with Autel.
Their MB update been making things worse and not better for my car. Its been downhill software quality since 1+ years ago.