E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Driver seat multi contour dynamic seat fail

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-10-2023, 12:17 PM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 E550
Driver seat multi contour dynamic seat fail

Looking for some advice on troubleshooting the driver's seat multi contour dynamic pump failure on my 2010 E550 sedan.

The buttons on the side of the seat no longer make the seat function, my scan tool has verified they are working electronically when I press them.

When I unlock the car and get in prior to starting I can hear the bosch pump start spinning. So it seems to be working physically. The fan on the pump clicks off after about a minute. The part I'm referring to as the pump is 0132006410.

When using the scan tool it shows 0bar of pressure and does not increase at all. I checked fuse 60 for dynamic seats and it is intact a 30A fuse.

The codes my scan tool provided are 9ea953: The pneumatic pump for the multicontour seat has a malfunction. 9250 is current as well, High pressure loss: The safety period was exceeded.

I also have 9260 historic, The pneumatic pump for the multicontour seat is overloaded. And 9251 leakage.

I have removed the amp and pump but haven't taken out the reservoir. I don't know how to disconnect the rgbg air lines so it's still in the trunk.

I am seeing a smattering of people with similar issues over a 10 year period of posts so kind of hard to find a thread I can reply to and get help.

Any advice on the next things to check in my triage process before I start buying parts online?. Could this be a bladder issue in the seat and not related to pump in rear?

The following users liked this post:
Luddyludwick (05-11-2023)
Old 05-11-2023, 11:01 AM

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts
'11 E350 4Matic Wagon
I have a similar issue, except my fuse is blowing. I bought a replacement pump, still same issue. iCarsoft scanner doesn't show errors for the pump (or "see" it), but shows the buttons on seat working properly.

Also, I can't find a diagram of which color air lines are which place. Finally, if there's supposed to be a tank (like in attached file second figure), I don't have that. S212 with driver dynamic seat only. TIA!!!
Old 05-11-2023, 04:43 PM

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 E550
I think the tank you're referring to is the airmatic tank for the suspension if you have air. Do you have airmatic?

There is a plastic reservoir with green and blue and a few more rubber lines connected to the pump. It's hidden behind the metal wall of the trunk.

Both my pump and reservoir seem to be fine from a visual inspection. So not sure what to check next without removing the seat
Old 05-11-2023, 09:35 PM

Received 237 Likes on 168 Posts
2014 Cummins, 2014 E250 Bluetec
From a newb standpoint it seems everything is working but there is a leak somewhere. Hate to say it but removing the seat or however you access all the lines and bladders will be what ya got to do. Will need to physicallty check everything. Not sure of the setup but if you can remove the cushion/cover, spray everything with soapy water, run the motor should give ya bubbles where its leaking.
slovcan (05-12-2023)
Old 05-12-2023, 02:36 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
2011 E350 CDI 4Matic, Rover 75, Chevy K2500, 2 motorcycles
Originally Posted by Quint22
From a newb standpoint it seems everything is working but there is a leak somewhere. Hate to say it but removing the seat or however you access all the lines and bladders will be what ya got to do. Will need to physicallty check everything. Not sure of the setup but if you can remove the cushion/cover, spray everything with soapy water, run the motor should give ya bubbles where its leaking.
Yes, also a newbie, but I agree. From what I have read it seems there may be some point of contact for an air hose inside the seat back. There also seems to be a point of contact or two where the wires can scrape through the insulation and short. It would be a good time to find these points and rectify that to avoid future trouble. Most of the fault codes seems like they could have a leak at their root.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 848 Likes on 613 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
I have a 2010 E550 as well and I have a lesk on the seat as it first works but after driving for a few minutes it stops working. I have not looked into it but I’m sure there is a leak.

Why I’m sure is that I had a 2013 S550 with s leak issue. The pump ran a little bit and then kicked out from overheating protection. Nothing wrong with the pump, the system just shut it down as it could not create enough pressure in certain time or below certain temperature. My scanner indicated over temperature.

The leak was the air tank safety valve that had failed. Yes, the system, at least in the S550, has an air reservoir that the compressor fills and I believe the E500 has this reservoir also.

Like I said, I have not looked at this system yet, but I will make sure I check for a leak around the compressor and reservoir first before I tear into the seat.

In the S550 I could also hear the leak but I don’t hear it in the E550, probably as the seat works longer than it did on the S550 meaning the leak must be a lot smaller.

Last edited by Arrie; 05-13-2023 at 05:09 PM.
slovcan (05-13-2023)