E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Correct undertray fixing/attachments...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2023 | 04:30 PM

W212 E350 CDI Sport
Correct undertray fixing/attachments...

Hi, recently had the underbody insulation come off and rip on one side of the car so have been repairing everything on that side. I bought some clips that were torn off, and the matching bolts. The metal fixing goes into the body of the car in a square hole, and then expands when the bolt/screw goes through and spreads it out. I've attached two pics of this.

I then turn my attention to the front right side (with no damage) and notice that there's bolt/fixing missing on the under tray/insulation. I assume it will be exactly the same type of fixing, but in fact instead of being a flat piece of metal that the little clip is jammed into, the hole is curved.... almost like an indentation of a nipple. Anybody know what the screws/bolts are supposed to be affixed to in this scenario?

That smooth domed but is what a bolt should go into, but I assume a fixing is missing?

Really struggled to get photos, best I could do is this short video and a screen grab, sorry! The spot that any bold would have to go into is highlighted in red, but from the side.

Any ideas?

Thanks