Front Airmatic bladder - special tool ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-15-2023, 04:17 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Class S 500 M278
Front Airmatic bladder - special tool ?

Gents !

Today, my mechanic had planned to change both air bladders on the front Airmatic shock absorbers, but had to give up, because what he said he needed some special tool for a large clamping ring, as he mentioned. Can that be correct - and if yes, what to buy and there can we find and buy this special tool in the European Union ?
Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 914 Likes on 652 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Originally Posted by Timo Schroeder
Gents !

Today, my mechanic had planned to change both air bladders on the front Airmatic shock absorbers, but had to give up, because what he said he needed some special tool for a large clamping ring, as he mentioned. Can that be correct - and if yes, what to buy and there can we find and buy this special tool in the European Union ?
Thanks for your reply.
I think you need to find another mechanic. The front sorings are integrated ti the struts. There us no bladder that can be just changed. The strut has to be rebuild for it with special crimping tools. If your mechanic would be able to rebuild a strut he would already have these special tools.
Old 11-17-2023, 02:05 AM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
Class S 500 M278
Originally Posted by Arrie
I think you need to find another mechanic. The front sorings are integrated ti the struts. There us no bladder that can be just changed. The strut has to be rebuild for it with special crimping tools. If your mechanic would be able to rebuild a strut he would already have these special tools.
Hi - ofc you can change the airblader - it's two different things, I'm looking for the procedure how to do it.