Matching Paint Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 09:45 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
2013 Altima, 2011 E550
Matching Paint Kit

Hey everyone

A MB VIN deconder gave me DIAMOND WHITE - METALLIC PAINT (799U)

I'm just looking for a small kit to cover the replacement front jack plug cover I just got. These kits are super common and often will also include a can of primer and clear if you option that.

The potential issue I'm seeing is that there are thousands of results for Diamond White [799] but none for Diamond White Metallic [799U]

Does that make a difference?

Also, what's the most cost effective way to do this? Maybe there's a paint supplier that I can go through instead of just buying an eBay kit and end up with more paint for my money?
Also maybe you guys know of one that's tried and true to deliver quality paint?

Open to all of your suggestions :-)
Old 01-12-2024, 11:53 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2013 E350
Originally Posted by mgiara
Hey everyone

I'm just looking for a small kit to cover the replacement front jack plug cover I just got. These kits are super common and often will also include a can of primer and clear if you option that.

The potential issue I'm seeing is that there are thousands of results for Diamond White [799] but none for Diamond White Metallic [799U]

Also, what's the most cost effective way to do this? Maybe there's a paint supplier that I can go through instead of just buying an eBay kit and end up with more paint for my money?

Try these folks. Exact match. They can do spray cans and have all the painting odds and ends you need. https://www.automotivetouchup.com/
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (01-13-2024)
Old 01-13-2024, 03:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kia picanto
Simply thinking about what "specialized adjustment" signifies? I've seen 806 = Specialized changes 807 = Specialized adjustments

snaptube vidmate

Last edited by sdhayuj; 01-13-2024 at 10:32 AM.
Old 01-13-2024, 08:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,123 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by mgiara
Hey everyone

Did the replacement front jack plug cover NOT come in the correct color from the dealer... no painting required?

Someone correct me, but if you present your VIN at the dealer to order the part, the dealer will know what color the part should be, and provide it accordingly.

Last edited by DFWdude; 01-13-2024 at 08:42 AM.