E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Rear 5 links suspension - More alternative name of components

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2024 | 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 - W212.065 - E400 ( M276.820, 3 liter Turbo) RWD not Hybrid
Rear 5 links suspension - More alternative name of components

I been amazed at how poor the translation of the 5 links rear suspension component name from its original German to English, or perhaps the master file in German itself is just as bad.

But today as I was making sure of torque values for their bolts/nuts, but on a W204 C200 , I look at the WIS and EPC again in depth like I did with my W212.
EPC page is the same for W204 or W212 for all 5 suspension arms. We share the very same 5 arms. It is all from W204, even the wheel knuckle/carrier. See A204xxxx meant from W204..

The WIS has more jokes to laugh at for W204.

Just in case someday any of your wanted to to use WIS and get confused by their titles not matching the EPC name of the components, I have updated version today.

Before today, I had this database :

This is the latest and greatest for today.

Just so you guys know............. Its always LEFT side view in EPC for the rear 5 suspension arms and that may confuse guys who are not familiar. I am also indicating where the front of the car is.
The drawing is so bad, you won't know shi-et from tu-rd for the 4 arms below :

Only item 5/540 because of its unique shape and has plastic jacket, you can ID that.
If your eyes is sharp and has done rear alignment , item 4/450 is indeed drawn as Tie Rod based on its wide long thin bushing at the rear subframe side.
Item 2/250 and 3/350 you can't tell them a part by drawing alone.

Better visual............

Strut = Rod = Arm , same shi-et
This is why item 350 in EPC I guess the translator got confused....LOL
Strut Rod or Radius Rod or Torque Strut or Tension Arm …WTF

Here is where I found the whacky case today. It was about a bulletin where MB installed TOO SHORT bolts on some W204 rear suspension system ...LOL.

The one in red box I took notice, because never rear suspension arms are called Torque strut, only the front ones as alternative name description.

See the TIE ROD and TRACK ROD, same stuff described using 2 different names one after another, as though as they are describing two different components.
So dude A work on translation for subframe side WIS, and dude B works on translation of the same arm ....but for wheel carrier/knuckle side WIS ...

Next...........
So I went for the link BA35 xxxxxx in red box to see what the hell arm is that called TORQUE strut ?
Guess what... another idiot translation , calling the same stuff 2 different names on a single page within inches of each other. Duggghhh !!!!!

So how do I know what is actually a TORQUE STRUT is ?
Easy, I check against the 4 other arms name I know, so the missing one is that item 3-350 Strut Rod or Radius Rod. What a waste of time !!!!

I am trying to do a proper job to follow the proper torque values, but finding them can be challenging.... because Susan is Susy and Shaha and could be Shirley.....
The following users liked this post:
CaliBenzDriver (05-18-2024)