E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Oil filter housing and oil cooler

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2024, 06:09 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
W212
Oil filter housing and oil cooler

I have om651 ( w212.002 ) and a minor/major oil leak. Initially we thought it was the seal on the oil pan, it was changed but the oil leak persisted.

after some more looking around I found a video on YouTube and there is a part of the oil filter housing , like a solenoid or something, and the o ring on it dries up and that’s the cause of the leak.
I cleaned everything on my engine and after a couple of days, that’s where the leak was coming from.
I could replace just that o ring, but I noticed there is also a wee bit of oil in the coolant, and it seems the oil cooler is prone to cracking inside and mixing the oil with the coolant, which is a big no no.

so all in all, I want to change the oil filter housing with oil cooler , since that’s the whole part basically, they come together.

I found a few videos on YouTube on how to change the part, but I didn’t find any sheets from
mercedes, to know exactly what to remove and what will be the torque specs for every bolt when assembling back.

I need to take out the vacuum box, egr, charge air manifold, and also need to move the steering pump… did anyone do this job before and maybe could share the Mercedes instructions on how to remove install all these parts? I’m mostly interested in the tightening torques.