E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

auto door lock and outside lighting?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 09:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
soon to be E300
auto door lock and outside lighting?

Picked up my E300 yesterday and just noticed that it doesn't lock on its own, but has an auto lock feature in the settings (its enabled) Do these auto lock when you walk away? My Chevy Volt does and its a great feature so i don't have to remember to push the button on the door every time i leave.

Also i don't seem to have any exterior lighting when i leave the vehicle or approach it. I thought it turns the lights on and lights under the mirrors when you walk up, or atleast when you exit the vehicle. I have it set to 60 seconds and tried other settings but nothing happens.

I did notice it always says don't forget your keys, even when i close the door and open it again. I'm assuming this is normal, but if it cannot detect the key leaving, maybe this is the issue.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
the auto lock feature is not for walking away and the car will lock itself. It is for when you start driving, it will lock when you hit 10 mph or something. Also, it is possible the auto lock is referring to when you unlock the car, but dont open any doors for 30 seconds, it will auto lock back.

I am unsure if the mercedes puddle lights light up upon approach at night. but certainly, when you turn off the engine at night, the lights should remain on, and that is your illumination when leaving.