E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Got my car back after 8 days in the shop...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Got my car back after 8 days in the shop...

Hey guys! I bought my car back on June 25th and it was delivered to me with a dent and scratch on the back end by the license plate holder. I texted and emailed pics to the sales associate from MB Littleton where I bought the car and they were ignored. Finally they agreed to fix the damage "free of charge." They were also going to look at the engine, transmission and navigation for jerky driving and the navigation not finding any addresses I put in. Well they found nothing wrong with the engine, tranny or nav. Ok. But it came back with the same scratch and ding except there was some white paint dabbed on the dent which flaked off when I ran my fingernail across it. They said they would take it back in again to really fix it this time but I would be out my car for an indefinite period of time. Really disappointed honestly. Picture 1 is the dent from June, and pic 2 is how it came back. Honestly, I could have done a better job with white-out.
Anybody else experience getting a vehicle delivered with damage? Any thoughts? Thanks!
Happy Motoring
Its hard to see unless you zoom in on the pics.
Attached Thumbnails Got my car back after 8 days in the shop...-20160630_101256.jpg   Got my car back after 8 days in the shop...-20160825_113815.jpg  
Old 08-26-2016, 04:29 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes benz c300 2015
The mark is so small I had to zoom in on my ipad to see what the problem was. Do you know what hit the car? The damage is so small I don't see what more they can do to fix it. Don't get me wrong, I would be mad if I paid for a brand new car that has a dint or demand done by the manufacture or the shipping company, but I don't see how you could fix that tiny area without stripping, debadging , removing the paint and repainting the whole trunk lid. Maybe it could be done without doing all the above but that would surprise me.
Old 08-26-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Benz
Yes, it is a small ding. Something hit the chrome strip and then dented the metal. It's easier to see in real life. I made them assure me in email/text that the car was in new condition with no dents or scratches. They agreed to fix the damage and instead put a dab of paint on it. I'm not leasing, not financing, I own the car. I'm not asking for any special consideration because I am well off, I just like people to do what they say they would do. Thats how I run my business. Thank you for your input!
Old 08-26-2016, 04:56 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Mercedes benz c300 2015
I agree as well to the fact that if you state/promise something you should stand for that, and its clear they failed to do so, so far. If there not able to fix that mark to your l Liking you should see if they would give you a discount credit (in writing) on future Maintenance and services. Either way keep us updated on issue.