E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Crack sound from wood trim below driver a/c vent

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 11:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w213
Crack sound from wood trim below driver a/c vent

I'm having a hard time listening the crack sound from the wood trim/dash all day (especially on the rough road) which is located below the driver side a/c vent.

This sound as I did many observations. It will happen when the temperature is cold enough for example : after raining, parking in the building over night. But this sound will disappear when the car has high temperature as parking the car in the open area with the strong sunlight.

If any you have the same problem, please share. The MB distributor here, in Thailand, has no way out...only dissemble all the wood trim/dash to find out this freaky sound. But guy, I don't want to break my car without any guarantee that the problem will be solved.

**** I do some record this sound, please focus on 0.34, 1.19, 1.26 minute from below youtube.

Last edited by Sarun Supsuwan; 09-22-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-22-2016, 09:55 PM

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
I can't hear the noise on my laptop's speakers, but most dealerships have a universal fix for this -- felt tape. It usually works very well. They pop off the offending pieces, put felt tape between parts which touch and reinstall the trim.

I probably had a few kg of the stuff in my Infiniti due to all the squeaks & rattles.