E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

New guy questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2016 | 11:15 PM

MB SLC43, MB E300, GLC300
New guy questions

Has any explored after market wheels yet? I've used bbs and vossens on previous audis and BMW. Still looking for the right look for the e300

Has any found a good pic of the roof spoiler installed?

Recommendations for eq, surround, etc settings for the burmeister system?

If you use the user profile function can the be tied to key that was in the car when you set it up? E.g. My profile loads when my key is present and my wife's when hers is there. I will play around with this tomorrow.

Any other tips, tricks, or hacks?
Old 11-26-2016 | 02:22 AM

E220d
Sound settings are a very personal thing but I find surround sound terrible so switch that off and set front focus as it sounds much punchier and full to my ears. Unlike every other car I've ever had I dummy ramp up treble either as i find the system quite bright as it is. I've also adjusted fader +1 towards passanger side, gives me best stereo separation.

No real hacks as such, the online manual have a good pro tip regarding the recirculation aircon button. Holding it down (or up) closes windows and sunroof. Then holding it again to turn off recirculation puts everything back to where they were. I find that a neat trick even if I'll rarely need it!
Old 11-26-2016 | 02:28 AM

E220d
Forgot to mention, I couldn't see any way to pair user profile with key, that would be great if it can as it's a royal pain drilling in to menu to such profiles and I found no way to add it to the favorites list in car.

Oh and incase you missed it, I find it hilarious that the vehicle data screen shows a g-meter/red dot when in sport mode! More hilarious for me since I've a UK diesel model!!! G-meter on a diesel large saloon, just seems a little incongruous.