E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Another newbie...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 08:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E 300, Toyota Land Cruiser
Another newbie...

Wife got a new E300 about 10 days ago to replace her 2000 Audi TT which she also bought new. Ordered one in Aug from a local dealer for delivery in Oct. Del date kept slipping until it was April. Cancelled. Found one just like she ordered with a couple extra pieces of kit at a dealer in Pa at a great price. Bought it sight unseen and the dealer delivered it to us free of charge on a rollback in SE North Carolina a few days later. Dealers driver arrived on Monday night showed us how to start it and put it in gear and took off. We got up the next morning and took off for Virginia. Wife drove. I sat in passenger seat with manual. Three days later we came back. 750 incredibly comfortable miles at 36 mpg. We tried everything out and it all worked, radio, phone, navi, connect, seats,lights.... The autonomous driving features, cruise ,lane change, hands off, are great. The only thing that didn't work as advertized was the Adaptive lighting. which just wouldn't stay in adaptive mode when the car started to move!Car handled very well on the roads we travelled and had plenty of zip.

Overall we're really pleased with the car. The UI is pretty intuitive (We're both retired and 72 but pretty computer literate) and the multiple input devices are really convenient for driver or passenger. Seats were very comfortable on our trip.
We'll drop it off at a dealer next week to get the lights checked out.
I was a longtime lurker on this forum and want to thank everyone for sharing their experience end knowledge.

Details: e300 4 matic, Selenite, Sport, P3, Designo Black/Titanium Grey, Piano Black Flowing Lines, 18" 12.3, panorama

Last edited by joebe; 12-01-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:33 AM

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
2017 E300 4matic Sport
Thanks for the report on your new E.

My ordered car production date is slipping too. I will be leasing it and my dealer agreed to protect me on my lease price since it will now fall into January. I hope that I do not have to search for another one.

Congrats and enjoy the car.
Old 12-02-2016, 03:54 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2021 E350
Joe be......Do a search in the forum about the adaptive lighting. There is a long thread about it which will show that the lighting isn't working as it should in the USA. many of us dealing now with pur dealers who seem totally unaware......
Enjoy your ride...It's a great car.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:52 PM

Thank you. Have read through the posts. I'm taking it to a dealer in South Carolina next week. We'll see what happens after that....
Joe...
Old 12-09-2016, 08:41 PM

Fixed

Took the car to dealer in Myrtle Beach. The headlight issue was quickly fixed through the software. Work great now. Very nice feature....
Joe