E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Brake assist won't turn on in panel

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 05:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320 former CLK230 kompresor (euro specs) and BMWe39
Brake assist won't turn on in panel

i have an e200 without the distronic/driver assist package. It has however the park assist. In the screen options I can see the brake assist having 3 options. I can switch it to option 1,2 or 3 but when I hit enter to confirm the choice it goes back to OFF option.

Question is why is it in off mode? Why can't I turn it on? Don't I have the brake assist? Isn't the Brake Assist standard on the W213?

Or is it because the most basic form of brake assist is already active/on already but I can't twiddle with it? Is there a way to confirm via panel or light to see if I have it? Thanks
Old 12-20-2016, 10:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,098 Likes on 726 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by alfa
i have an e200 without the distronic/driver assist package. It has however the park assist. In the screen options I can see the brake assist having 3 options. I can switch it to option 1,2 or 3 but when I hit enter to confirm the choice it goes back to OFF option.

Question is why is it in off mode? Why can't I turn it on? Don't I have the brake assist? Isn't the Brake Assist standard on the W213?

Or is it because the most basic form of brake assist is already active/on already but I can't twiddle with it? Is there a way to confirm via panel or light to see if I have it? Thanks
Brake assist is autonomous. There is nothing to turn on or off. Brake hold is activated by pressing the bake pedal again after stopping. Automatic parking brake is engaged by unbuckling your seatbelt before turning off the engine and opening the door . If you turn off the engine before you unbuckle your seatbelt you have to engage the parking brake with thee button. It took me a year to get the sequence right!
Old 12-25-2016, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ML320 former CLK230 kompresor (euro specs) and BMWe39
Brake assist problem solved

I recently posted that my brake assist options on the control screen were in the off position and could not be turned on.

it seems that Mercedes turned off the feature in the factory during the break in period. Yesterday after I hit the 1,000km mark it turned on by itself and I could then choose levels 1,2 or 3.

it was working perfectly. A driver swerved into our lane last night and the e213 slowed itself down with the red triangle flashing on the instrument panel indicating that it was applying brake assist. It felt weird and wonderful that the car was gently braking itself.