E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

New E300 owner with some questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-20-2016, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 E300
New E300 owner with some questions

I just took delivery of a 2017 e300 black / black leather, P3 package, 18" Amg wheels, and pano roof about 12 days ago. So far my experience with the car has been great, the car is fun to drive with plenty of acceleration and I love the new interior. I am looking to see if any other e300 owners have experienced and come up answers to the following issues.

1. Immediately after the engine is turned off I am experiencing a loud whining sound like something is spoiling down. Is this possibly the turbo?

2. With my i phone plugged in and connected via blue tooth it says that my phone doesn't support text messaging? It is an I phone 6s.

3. I have saved home in the nav system but the voice recognition won't take the command "navigate to home". What's the best way to pull up home from your nav?

4. The Mercedes me app seems to be almost useless for anything other then locking the doors. My success rate with starting the car remotely is the it maybe works 1 out of 10 times.

Thanks for any insight on the above issues.
Old 12-20-2016, 07:48 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
1. Immediately after the engine is turned off I am experiencing a loud whining sound like something is spoiling down. Is this possibly the turbo?

This is probably the electronic parking break (does it just last for 1-2 seconds)?

2. With my i phone plugged in and connected via blue tooth it says that my phone doesn't support text messaging? It is an I phone 6s.

I don't think the iphone is compatible with the text messaging, you can get alerts but not see the texts and respond (may be wrong).

3. I have saved home in the nav system but the voice recognition won't take the command "navigate to home". What's the best way to pull up home from your nav?

4. The Mercedes me app seems to be almost useless for anything other then locking the doors. My success rate with starting the car remotely is the it maybe works 1 out of 10 times.

It's useless
Old 12-20-2016, 11:18 PM

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
2020 Mercedes-Benz GLE 450; 2010 Chevy Corvette Convertible
I can help with the text messages... you have to go into system settings on your your phone and enable push notifications... at least I think this is how i did it. Anyway, that will let you get text messages read aloud. Past that,I'm still learning also.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
2017 E300
1) I also hear the spooling down. Its like you are turning off a jet engine. I have no answer to this and assume it is normal. Might be emissions related.

2) On the iPhone bluetooth screen, click on the connected bluetooth MB name and enable push notifications. The system will receive, show, and read them but I cannot get it to respond. There is no respond button, and if I use voice command to reply, it says my phone does not have this functionality.

3)I can't even get the nav to save as home! Someone on here said that if I input my home address, and then go into previous destinations, and save as home, it would work but it didn't. It says something along the lines of, saving functionally not available.

4) yes, app is useless except to double check if you locked your doors.
Old 12-21-2016, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 E300
Thanks for the info. I was able to save home by manually entering the destination, then go to previous destinations, scroll over your home address and click that round dial left. When you click left it opens a sub menu and one of the options in there is save as home. I have not figured out what good having it saved as home is because there is no easy way as far as I can tell to get the car to navigate to that saved point.