Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W213)
E350 2014 sport vs luxury >

E350 2014 sport vs luxury

Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

E350 2014 sport vs luxury

 
Old 01-24-2017, 11:17 PM
  #1  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E350
E350 2014 sport vs luxury

Hello everyone,

I am torn in between 2 cars.... E350 sport or luxury?
I am currently driving E350 2011 luxury and I do enjoy a smooth ride.
Now is a time to get an another vehicle and have:
1. E350 luxury white on beige leather, with panoramic roof
2. E350 sport black with an incredible designo interior

I would like to know pros and cons for each car? I currently live in a hot state and wonder if black cars do really get more hot in the summer?

Thanks to everyone!
Alotah is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 01:08 AM
  #2  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 208
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
E300 P03
Originally Posted by Alotah View Post
Hello everyone,

I am torn in between 2 cars.... E350 sport or luxury?
I am currently driving E350 2011 luxury and I do enjoy a smooth ride.
Now is a time to get an another vehicle and have:
1. E350 luxury white on beige leather, with panoramic roof
2. E350 sport black with an incredible designo interior

I would like to know pros and cons for each car? I currently live in a hot state and wonder if black cars do really get more hot in the summer?

Thanks to everyone!
You probably will get more response by posting your question at the W212 forum.
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w212-109/

The discussion on this forum geared toward the W213 2017 E300/43 version.
ADD0514 is offline  
The following users liked this post: ADD0514
Alotah (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 11:02 AM
  #3  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by Alotah View Post
Hello everyone,

I am torn in between 2 cars.... E350 sport or luxury?
I am currently driving E350 2011 luxury and I do enjoy a smooth ride.
Now is a time to get an another vehicle and have:
1. E350 luxury white on beige leather, with panoramic roof
2. E350 sport black with an incredible designo interior

I would like to know pros and cons for each car? I currently live in a hot state and wonder if black cars do really get more hot in the summer?

Thanks to everyone!
If the roads are anything but horrible by you, I'd go with the sport for sure, especially with the upgraded interior. What color are the seats, that's as important. Regards. Ned.
ngerstman is offline  
The following users liked this post: ngerstman
Alotah (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 04:14 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
NYC-Style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 332
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
I went from a '15 C class sport to a '17 E class luxury...I much prefer the luxury over the sport the ride quality is night and day.

If you've never owned a black car before be prepared...they look great when clean. Keeping them clean is the challenge...you must take extreme care as micro scratches show up very easily on a black car as does dust and everthing else...I know from experience. I'm living in Vegas and I'm not sure if black cars attract more heat...hot is hot and I couldn't say if my black car was any hotter than my red one. In any case good luck
NYC-Style is offline  
The following users liked this post: NYC-Style
Alotah (01-25-2017)
Old 01-25-2017, 04:18 PM
  #5  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by ngerstman View Post
If the roads are anything but horrible by you, I'd go with the sport for sure, especially with the upgraded interior. What color are the seats, that's as important. Regards. Ned.
Seats are light brown with black + bamboo wood panel... looks stunning...
However, I never owned a black car. People here are saying that it requires a lot of maintenance. So, I am leaning towards a white E350 luxury.
Alotah is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 04:45 PM
  #6  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 6
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
E350
Originally Posted by NYC-Style View Post
I'm living in Vegas and I'm not sure if black cars attract more heat...hot is hot and I couldn't say if my black car was any hotter than my red one. In any case good luck
I live in Las Vegas as well. Thank you for the advise
Alotah is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 05:15 PM
  #7  
Senior Member
 
NYC-Style's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 332
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Corvette/2017 E-300
Originally Posted by Alotah View Post
I live in Las Vegas as well. Thank you for the advise
Oh man...well then you know about heat...my C class was white just because I needed a break from maintaining a black car...which btw I gave to my daughter. My E is Lunar Blue and to be honest while it looks good...it's also very dark and is like trying to maintain a black car...so I'm back in the same boat... Are you dealing with Fletcher Jones Imports or MBenz of Henderson??
NYC-Style is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 05:28 PM
  #8  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by Alotah View Post
Seats are light brown with black + bamboo wood panel... looks stunning...
However, I never owned a black car. People here are saying that it requires a lot of maintenance. So, I am leaning towards a white E350 luxury.
I think you'll be fine with black. Nobody does black like Mercedes, if you've never owned one I'd go for it. All cars look better clean, hopefully there is a good car wash in your area. The interior color will help with the heat. I'm assuming the roads are great in Vegas, so I would go with the sport suspension, tighter ride. Regards. Ned.
ngerstman is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 05:46 PM
  #9  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
ua549's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Posts: 2,136
Liked 228 Times in 197 Posts
.
I avoid car washes because of the scratches they make with the recycled dirty water and the cloth loaded with sand, etc. Do a hand car wash with a 2 or 3 bucket method.
ua549 is offline  
Old 01-25-2017, 06:04 PM
  #10  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by ua549 View Post
I avoid car washes because of the scratches they make with the recycled dirty water and the cloth loaded with sand, etc. Do a hand car wash with a 2 or 3 bucket method.
As a general rule I fully agree, but I'm too lazy to wash all my cars. In NJ there is a really good car wash by me that uses clean towels to hand dry the cars as they come out. Regards. Ned.
ngerstman is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 04:55 PM
  #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 208
Liked 25 Times in 24 Posts
E300 P03
Originally Posted by ngerstman View Post
Nobody does black like Mercedes, if you've never owned one I'd go for it.
When we gave away a previous car, which was black, my wife insisted "absolutely, no more black car."
Then we went the the MB dealer and saw the black E300 in the sunset twilight. It went home with us that same evening.

Originally Posted by ngerstman View Post
if you've never owned one I'd go for it. All cars look better clean, hopefully there is a good car wash in your area.
You wouldn't want to put the car like a black E300 through the local car wash. It'll come back looking like brushed aluminum. Yes, it's exaggerated, but you know what I mean.
ADD0514 is offline  
Old 01-26-2017, 05:00 PM
  #12  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 908
Likes: 0
Liked 16 Times in 12 Posts
2016 Audi S8 Plus/ 2011 Mercedes e550 4Matic//Gone:1985 500SEL/2000 e320 4Matic/ 2001 e55 Kleeman
Originally Posted by ADD0514 View Post
When we gave away a previous car, which was black, my wife insisted "absolutely, no more black car."
Then we went the the MB dealer and saw the black E300 in the sunset twilight. It went home with us that same evening.



You wouldn't want to put the car like a black E300 through the local car wash. It'll come back looking like brushed aluminum. Yes, it's exaggerated, but you know what I mean.
Didn't get the selenite Gray e43, but my s8 is in what Audi calls Mythos black, a beautiful black in the vein if obsidian black. I'm back in black! Regards. Ned.
ngerstman is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: