E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

European Delivery = Euro Features?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-29-2017, 07:02 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Soon: 2017 E300 4Matic
European Delivery = Euro Features?

I will be getting European Delivery for my E300 4Matic (P3 package) and was wondering if there's a chance my car would have things like Remote Parking Pilot and the FULL MB LED/ILS features. I've tried looking on the google machine but can't seem to find anyone's experience with it. I know that "physically" it will be US spec w/ ugly amber side markers, windshield and whatever other "isms" they incorporate/dictate.

Most I've seen is that US cars get flashed by customs when they arrive but I will be sticking around Europe for over a year, so I'm hoping to luck out. If not I'm wondering if going to a local MB dealer I could get their firmware.

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Dave
Old 01-29-2017, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 315 Likes on 216 Posts
‘19 AMG S63
Originally Posted by davekarn
I will be getting European Delivery for my E300 4Matic (P3 package) and was wondering if there's a chance my car would have things like Remote Parking Pilot and the FULL MB LED/ILS features. I've tried looking on the google machine but can't seem to find anyone's experience with it. I know that "physically" it will be US spec w/ ugly amber side markers, windshield and whatever other "isms" they incorporate/dictate.

Most I've seen is that US cars get flashed by customs when they arrive but I will be sticking around Europe for over a year, so I'm hoping to luck out. If not I'm wondering if going to a local MB dealer I could get their firmware.

Thanks in advance for any info!

-Dave

My '14 S550 4matic was Euro Delivery. It is identical to you buying the car at the dealer in the US. One difference is that the map database is the Euro Map Database. When my car arrived into the Baltimore VPC, they put the NorthAmerican Database into the car. It was interesting to see navigation addresses that were entered while in Europe but when it arrived in the US I clicked on those addresses but since the Euro database was no longer loaded, it had no roads to follow.

The other thing you might check out--there is a limit of how long you can keep the car in Europe if you buy Euro Delivery through a US dealer. If I recall, you cannot keep the car there longer than 12 months. I remember insurance was good for 2 weeks. You could buy insurance for longer but I seem to recall, you need to have the car sent back to the US within 12 months (I could be wrong but you should check).
Old 01-29-2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by MTrauman
My '14 S550 4matic was Euro Delivery. It is identical to you buying the car at the dealer in the US. One difference is that the map database is the Euro Map Database. When my car arrived into the Baltimore VPC, they put the NorthAmerican Database into the car. It was interesting to see navigation addresses that were entered while in Europe but when it arrived in the US I clicked on those addresses but since the Euro database was no longer loaded, it had no roads to follow.

The other thing you might check out--there is a limit of how long you can keep the car in Europe if you buy Euro Delivery through a US dealer. If I recall, you cannot keep the car there longer than 12 months. I remember insurance was good for 2 weeks. You could buy insurance for longer but I seem to recall, you need to have the car sent back to the US within 12 months (I could be wrong but you should check).
Thanks for the info! Yeah I was tracking the Euro Maps to US Maps conversion. I thought I had read somewhere that we get almost all Euro software/firmware until we get back to the States, but couldn't find any info that confirmed that.

Thanks for the heads up in regards to my length of stay, but I'm good! Went through a dealer here that helps with US spec cars. That is good info for anyone else that bought their car stateside though.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
The last time I purchased a Euro Delivery vehicle VAT was due after 6 months in the Euro zone. Insurance is very expensive.
Old 01-29-2017, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by ua549
The last time I purchased a Euro Delivery vehicle VAT was due after 6 months in the Euro zone. Insurance is very expensive.
Oh believe me, I know about the German insurance...paying for 2x vehicles right now!
Old 03-13-2018, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E400 Coupe
Where do they change the navigation system from the european to the US spec? I want to do the oposite, take an US E400 Coupe to Europe and I would really like the command to work there... Any advice? Thanks!!
Old 03-13-2018, 12:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
In the US the Mercedes VPC updates the software to US versions. In the Euro zone you may be able to purchase an update from MB. You should check with MBUSA.
Old 03-13-2018, 03:41 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
I'm reasonably sure that Remote Parking actually has different hardware in it than the US-spec cars do. I think some Euro cars also allow you to use your mobile phone via NFC to unlock the door. That functionality definitely isn't in the US cars. I've scanned over the doors a couple of times with NFC detectors and nothing triggered.