Rattles While Driving

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 07:00 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
Rattles While Driving

Hello,

I know I feel like I've been posting a lot, but has anyone else experienced rattling while driving on a major highway (like I-4)? I will hear rattling while on highways going fast but not in my local roads (even on the rough local roads).

If anyone has had rattling issues, did you take it to the dealership and have them fix it and do they actually find the issues with the rattling?

On a side note, If you drive with a Yeti in the front cup holders in the center console it'll make a really loud rattling sound.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
I have a rattle coming from my driver door panel. If I press my elbow into the door panel above the arm rest, it goes away. There is another rattle somewhere caused by my passenger seat. I usually drive by myself, and on bumpy roads I hear something and see the whole backrest/head restraint vibrating so I am not sure if it is coming from there. Or it could also be the passenger door panel. I am afraid to mention this to the dealer because I do not want them opening up the door panels. There is a seal from factory that I dont think they will be able to replicate.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 193 Likes on 133 Posts
2024 GLE 53 AMG Coupe
I didn't know about the factory seal thing. What is that exactly?
Old 02-15-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
E220d
Lots of rattles on mine. Worst was dashboard just above sat nav. Wouldn't always rattle but was incredibly annoying when it did. If you tapped the hood around the very center of the car you could hear what sounded like a cable bundle rattle. Asked dealer to fix it twice with no change. Then on third attempt I was insistent and it's now fixed. I can see grubby finger marks on centre speaker grill so it's obvious they took it apart this time.

Rattles/squeaks in doors that mostly disappear if the window is slightly open. Only annoys me if the radio is off.

Driver's seat now creaking when cornering or adjusting myself. Dealer ordered new plastic panel but it's made no difference and will be looked at again when in for 1st service.

Centre console by knee is now creaking, more so when knee pushed against it.

Some rattle in roof or towards rear of car (has pan roof) that sometimes starts up.

For me, it's the worst thing about the car. Rattles more than ten year old cars I've had.
Old 02-15-2017, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 E300
Originally Posted by makris0000
I didn't know about the factory seal thing. What is that exactly?
Im not sure what it is exactly so dont quote me, but I have seen door panel removal videos, and sometimes there is this black gloop around the perimeter of the inside. Im guessing its additional sound deadening material. Anyways, Id hate for them to remove that during the removal and not put something back
Old 02-15-2017, 08:54 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2017 E300 4matic - P3 Package
That should be for any water proofing membrane, not for the door panel themselves. The door is held on by screws and clips. No "gloop". I have removed my doors, so I can confirm.