E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Mud flaps for AMG-version

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-22-2017, 03:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221/W205
Mud flaps for AMG-version

I have used nice mud flaps for my 2 previous cars, W204 and W205 with AMG styling. As there's lots of wear and tear from sand and gravel hitting the side walls of the car I need similar for my new W213. My previous car was heavily sanded on the sides (I drive on paved roads but in a climate where they use lots of sand on roads) after just 7000 kilometers (~ 4000 miles) and Mercedes let me have them repainted on goodwill.

Has anyone seen any mud flaps, splash guards?
Old 03-22-2017, 10:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by lawyer68
I have used nice mud flaps for my 2 previous cars, W204 and W205 with AMG styling. As there's lots of wear and tear from sand and gravel hitting the side walls of the car I need similar for my new W213. My previous car was heavily sanded on the sides (I drive on paved roads but in a climate where they use lots of sand on roads) after just 7000 kilometers (~ 4000 miles) and Mercedes let me have them repainted on goodwill.

Has anyone seen any mud flaps, splash guards?
Nooooooooo! Heresy!!!
To put your mind at rest and so you can avoid a major look no-no. I live in north central WI where rock salt, sand, little pebbles not to mention gravel roads are part and parcel of dialy driving. I have had zero issues with side panel road rash. The the design of the flared wheel wells in addition to the air flow management under the car and side skirts makes side panel "rash" essentially impossible. The new aerodynamic styling of MB sedans not only is aerodynamicaly sound, it also provides this side benefit.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W221/W205
I got a W205, factory new a year ago. After about 4000 miles it looked bad. Mercedes had to repaint it on goodwill. I dont want my car to look like this again. Mercedes said they were willing to repant it once a year. I dont want to go through that hassle again. Even though i drive on paved roads theres always sand and other things scraping the sides. The tyres are too wide, sticking out too far, hence ripping up sand on the sides of the car. Various Mercedes models have the same problem.

Of course you dont see those chips as soon as theres just a little bit of dust on the car, but still they are there.

Im also interested hearing about peoples experience with protective film. Any you can recommend?
Old 03-22-2017, 07:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Why not wrap the car on the vulnerable areas. Looks nicer than mud guards and should give better protection.