E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

AM radio tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-27-2017, 05:54 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300 4Matic Luxury Sedan
AM radio tuning

Has anyone figured out how to get the AM radio to tune all frequencies? On one of the routes I drive, there is traffic information broadcast on 530 AM. I haven't been able to figure out how to tune the radio to that station ... the lowest frequency available seems to be 570. Also, the frequencies seem to skip (e.g., 570 then 600) rather than having the usual increment of 10.

I thought maybe this had to do with HD radio, so I tried turning off that option, but it didn't make a difference.

Couldn't find anything on this in the owner manual.

Thanks.
Old 04-27-2017, 05:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,067 Likes on 703 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
It should be exactly like tuning the FM stations. The radio detects all the available stations automatically. Simply change to AM and select the one you want and save it to the station presets. Tuning stations in the Command system is a ridiculous royal pain but once they are in the presets its a snap.
The procedure:
Make sure youre in the radio screen.
Push the rotary controller back to get the tuning options; presets, FM, AM, satellite radio....etc.
Once you're on AM you can flip through the automatically detected stations in you area.
Set it in your preset stations and you never have to screw with it again.
If none are detected you have to input the station yourself which is another different rigamarole which I don't have memorized.

This is how its done on the previous version of command in my 205. Hope it helps
Old 04-27-2017, 05:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2017 E300 4Matic Luxury Sedan
I think that's what I did, but I'm headed up the road again tomorrow so will try again. Thanks!