E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Software update

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2017, 02:47 PM

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
W213 E CLASS
Software update

OK.... I work at a dealer and I was told that there is no way to update the software of the radio etc.... Hahahaha so even I get the big wall from the dealer I work for! HAHAHAHA

So how can I know if I have the most recent firmware in my car? Is there a way to update software without going to the dealer? (The one I work for hahahaahahaha)

Thanks ahead of time!
Old 06-03-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Weekend: 2010 SL 350 r230 Weekdays: 2018 E220d Coupe
Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance
OK.... I work at a dealer and I was told that there is no way to update the software of the radio etc.... Hahahaha so even I get the big wall from the dealer I work for! HAHAHAHA

So how can I know if I have the most recent firmware in my car? Is there a way to update software without going to the dealer? (The one I work for hahahaahahaha)

Thanks ahead of time!
You can check in the Mercedes Portal to see if new updates are available for your car.

So far, and it is early days, I have only been notified of map updates. They might be more careful about allowing users to update firmware, given the far reaching implications of a visit from Mr **** Up in that area!
Old 06-03-2017, 04:54 PM

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
W213 E CLASS
Originally Posted by arnsbrae
You can check in the Mercedes Portal to see if new updates are available for your car.

So far, and it is early days, I have only been notified of map updates. They might be more careful about allowing users to update firmware, given the far reaching implications of a visit from Mr **** Up in that area!
What is the address for that portal?
Old 06-03-2017, 05:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
My understanding is that MBUSA does not provide OTA software updates. Somewhere I read that nav map updates are done at the dealer free once a year while under warranty.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Weekend: 2010 SL 350 r230 Weekdays: 2018 E220d Coupe
Originally Posted by Mercedesfinance
What is the address for that portal?
In Europe, if you Google Mercedes Me, you get the link (which is long). Not sure if you have this in the USA.
Do you have the Mercedes Me app? I registered the car in the Mercedes Me app, using the licence plate registration and chassis number, then used the same log in details for the Mercedes Me portal.
Old 06-03-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
S213
That unfortunately doesn't work in the US of A.... Mercedes Me yes, but it won't allow for any software downloads etc. the way it works in Europe
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (06-04-2017)