Do you know how to get a great deal?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Working on it ;)
Do you know how to get a great deal?

Hi there,

I'm returning my E300 lease next week and wanted to lease a new E300. I love this car so much <3.

I don't know much about the pricing and what constitutes a good deal or not... I tried reaching out to someone who posted that they work for MB finance earlier but got no reply. Does anybody have any ideas as to what would be a great deal for this, or what I can expect to pay roughly?

I'm looking for an E300 4 door W213 with the following:

- White exterior (metallic or regular is okay)
- Panorama Roof
- Premium package 1
- Warmth & Comfort Package

At 12k miles per year assuming best credit.
Either a 2 year or 3 year lease.
Minimum down payment.

Thank you so much everybody <3
Old 06-10-2017, 09:06 AM

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts
E300
Great deal

Every dealer today has an Internet manager. Send an email to the Internet manager at 3 or 4 dealers in your vicinity specifying exactly what you want--Colors, options, etc. Tell them in the email that you are contacting several dealers and will buy from the dealer who quotes the best price. When they respond, if the dealer you've been using is not the cheapest and you like that dealer, give them a chance to beat the lowest quote you got. Wherever you buy the car, you can get it serviced at any MB dealer. I got the best price from a dealer an hour away. The closest dealer wouldn't come down so so I drove the hour to pick up my car but will go to the closer dealer for service.
Old 06-10-2017, 09:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 821 Likes on 651 Posts
You'll want to weigh the benefits of getting service from the dealer where you bought the car. The dealers in my area don't provide pick-up and delivery service or a free loaner vehicle unless the car was purchased from them.
The following users liked this post:
Mercedesfinance (06-10-2017)
Old 06-10-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 215 Likes on 161 Posts
2023 GLE450, 2021 E350 / Used to drive: 2019 E300, 2021 + 2020 GLE350, 2019 E450 Wagon(s), 2017 E300
I am with ua549 on this one - Pick a dealer that provides great service and work a deal you can live with. I don't think I got the best deal in the world - but I do love the car and the service has been excellent. I had one issue right after delivery, they picked up the car at my house, dropped off a loaner and brought it back when it was done.

And, when I took apart the A pillar trim and couldn't get it back together (don't ask...) they put it back at no charge without an appointment.

After 7 months, I am very happy with the car and very happy with the service - even though I suspect my lease payment is about $20-30 a month "too high."
Old 06-10-2017, 01:40 PM

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts
W213 E CLASS
Originally Posted by mike444
Hi there,

I'm returning my E300 lease next week and wanted to lease a new E300. I love this car so much <3.

I don't know much about the pricing and what constitutes a good deal or not... I tried reaching out to someone who posted that they work for MB finance earlier but got no reply. Does anybody have any ideas as to what would be a great deal for this, or what I can expect to pay roughly?

I'm looking for an E300 4 door W213 with the following:

- White exterior (metallic or regular is okay)
- Panorama Roof
- Premium package 1
- Warmth & Comfort Package

At 12k miles per year assuming best credit.
Either a 2 year or 3 year lease.
Minimum down payment.

Thank you so much everybody <3

Sorry I did not get back to you. I really am here to try and help people with Finance related issues. I am not here to undercut any dealers or even sell anything! I really hate those guys that come on forums as a means to try and sell a captive audience.

But from my experience, I would say that the people that get the best deals are the ones who are the nicest to the staff. I will give you an example. We have a guy that lives here in the valley that owns a real estate company that specializes in pro athletes. Every time he comes in he comes in with a huge smile, hand shakes, hugs and just a really great attitude. When he purchased his car he wanted a really good deal and was truly nice about it. At no point did he threaten to purchase at another dealership, that he "knew what we owned the car for", or was berating to the sales person at any time. He was just firm, fair and most importantly NICE!!!

He got, by far, the best deal this store has ever given. After the deal he came in and personally delivered sushi and snacks to EVERY EMPLOYEE. Service, Sales, Parts, Managers all know who he is. Since the transaction he has received more free swag from this dealership than anyone I have ever seen.

He also has sent in several of his friends to purchase cars from us. Again, he is completely nice when he is with them to negotiate his deal.

I promise you.... He will never be told NO for anything. I promise you...He will always get a good deal from us. I promise he will never be without a loaner car. I promise you being nice is the best way to dominate a deal.

As our customer says, "Its not about the deal, its about the relationship" We in the car biz will never "screw" a friend. So become friends with the staff and they will always take care of you.

Remember, it is not always about the money you save on the single transaction. You will be working with the dealer for many years to come. So be cool... Be nice..... elevate the experience and you might just be really surprised with how good it can be for you in the future.

I have always said the following to my family:

Car sales people and managers are MUCH better at the "game" than you are. Good people get good deals... The people that are jerks and do bad surveys will ALWAYS get deals that anyone could get. Don't try and out think a dealership.... They will always win. Its just like Vegas... =)

Just my $.02

Again sorry I didn't respond!
Old 06-10-2017, 01:41 PM

W213 E CLASS
Originally Posted by ua549
You'll want to weigh the benefits of getting service from the dealer where you bought the car. The dealers in my area don't provide pick-up and delivery service or a free loaner vehicle unless the car was purchased from them.
Great response!
Old 06-10-2017, 01:43 PM

W213 E CLASS
Originally Posted by Lanzz
I am with ua549 on this one - Pick a dealer that provides great service and work a deal you can live with. I don't think I got the best deal in the world - but I do love the car and the service has been excellent. I had one issue right after delivery, they picked up the car at my house, dropped off a loaner and brought it back when it was done.

And, when I took apart the A pillar trim and couldn't get it back together (don't ask...) they put it back at no charge without an appointment.

After 7 months, I am very happy with the car and very happy with the service - even though I suspect my lease payment is about $20-30 a month "too high."
I bet, because of your attitude on this .... Your deal is much better than you think.

Just remember we can all save money and by NORDSTOM clothing at "The Rack" and save money... But the experience at Nordstom may be worth paying a little more.

Not always the deal.... Its the experience!

You are buying a Mercedes not a washer and dryer. =)
Old 06-10-2017, 02:11 PM

E300
Great deal

I agree with everyone. Didn't mean to imply that money is the only consideration. In my opinion, it's worth getting quotes from several dealers if only to determine whether your favored dealer is in the ballpark. And you really need to weigh price vs. loyalty, past experience with a dealer, etc. I've bought several cars from the local MB dealer and know the salesman well. When I got a much lower quote elsewhere, I practically begged him to match it or at least come close. No such luck. Dealers also need to realize that losing a customer this way may not be limited to a single purchase. The dealer where I bought the car was a pleasure to work with and even sent someone to drive two hours round trip when it needed service and left me a brand new e300 to drive in the meanwhile.

Last edited by Tiburonsteve; 06-10-2017 at 05:28 PM.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 821 Likes on 651 Posts
I've bought dozens of MB's from the same dealership & 2 salesmen since the mid-1960's. I can personally attest to what Mercedesfinance posted. Not only do I get a much better experience, I get early notice of products and events that are known to the dealer but not yet public. That's why I was able to order a 2018 E300 in February.
Old 06-10-2017, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLC300
it depends??

For me it was saving only $1000 from a local dealer (within 5 miles) or $6000 from another dealer (~4 hours drive). I choose the 2nd dealer.. It was worth saving additional $5K on a new car.

I took my GLC to the local dealer couple of days back to put wheel locks and they did treat me well and also gave a free car wash and a voucher for $25 gas.. Not bad at all..

May be it depends on the service agents/department too.. They all know that we are going to get a survey from MB or dealership about customer satisfaction. I don't know how much they care about it but I am sure some bad comments will pinch them definitely.

Happy searching..
==========================

[QUOTE=mike444;7175391]Hi there,

I don't know much about the pricing and what constitutes a good deal or not... I tried reaching out to someone who posted that they work for MB finance earlier but got no reply. Does anybody have any ideas as to what would be a great deal for this, or wh
Old 06-10-2017, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 209 Likes on 135 Posts
...24 GLE53
I also agree with mbfinance. I have number 23 and 24 MB on order. I have dealt with same dealer since 1983. The price is always right and the service is the absolute best.

If another dealer could save me a couple thousand, it would not matter. These people are like family. Relationship is everything in car ownership.
Old 06-11-2017, 06:28 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2018 E300 Lux, 2006 Corvette Z51, 2015 Mercedes ML350 (wife's)
Agree on relationship. I'm not ashamed to say I go to the same guy everytime, and don't bother shopping around. I trust him, and he treats my wife and I right. Also, he sent us to the Masters on MBUSA so that didn't suck...
Old 06-11-2017, 06:54 PM

E300
Great deal

But the relationship has to be a two way street. If you buy multiple cars from the same dealer, that dealer certainly should be nice to you. If they provide great service and extra perks at a competitive price, so much the better. But if they charge far more than other dealers, that's where nice treatment can become too expensive. Of course they'll be nice if you're paying thousands more for a car and keep coming back and doing it again. It's a business and they want to make as much profit as possible on each sale.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:29 PM
off

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Audi Q5 Hybrid
A big part of getting a good deal has to do with your local market. I used to live in Orlando, at the time they had one dealer, Contemporary Cars. We had to pay close to MSRP back in the day. Nowadays there are three dealers there.

I live in the Houston area, we have six dealers, and with the exception of one, they are all willing to work with you. That being said, I completely agree with what our friendly F&I guy has posted. Be nice, not the typical Rolex-wearing douchebag making unrealistic demands. Do your research, i.e. What is the typical percentage off in your area. Know you're getting a decent deal when it's presented to you.

I think right now there are deals to be had for the '17's, we are close to the switchover to the '18's. Have fun with the search, you are getting a Mercedes after all!

Last edited by off; 06-11-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:03 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
2003 E500, 2004 G35X
I don't lease cars, but I have read over and over again advising never put down payment for a lease car. It makes sense. The simple term defines leasing is you are paying the depreciation for the term of the lease and the interest on the depreciation. There is no reason to put down payment to reduce the depreciation. The interest on the down payment, say $3K, is negligible compare to the 3K you are putting up.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts
600 SWB
I agree with petee1997. Relationships do matter.

Tonight, I secured MB number 6 in less than four years (and number 25 total). A 2017 E300 4Matic ($62,925 including 2 yr maintenance) courtesy/loaner car for $399.99 (w/7.75% use tax; $371.22 before tax) for 36 months/7500 miles and all upfront doc/reg costs and first month payment of $2,100 and 10 MSDs. The MSDs with auto-pay reduced the residual to 0.00014 (or about 0.34%).

I am sure they would not have been more accommodating on the deal if I did not provide them with regular sales and service patronage.

Last edited by dbtk; 06-12-2017 at 09:14 PM.