E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Hi!!

Old 06-18-2017, 03:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E220 W213
Hi!!

Hi Guys,

Been browsing the site for a few weeks before i collected my first Mercedes!!
The net seems very thin on info and forums for this model and it seems that this is the most active place to be

Collected our E220 AMG line in Designo white with Saddle brown leather (the combo actually works), at the end of May.

Drove it 7 miles home and had a warning lamp come up 'Oil over fill, please reduce oil level'. Now this model does not have a oil dipstick so was unable to check the exact level of oil.
The car had just had its first service before we collected it (it had done 2,000 miles in 1 year).

Took it back the next day and waited around for a couple of hours and was told that the oil level was correct and they were unsure what was wrong and that they have downloaded lots of data and sent it off to technical.

I was early in the week and stated that UK technical have no idea and has been sent to Technical in Germany.
Few days later got a call back stating that Germany has said a few sensors need calibrating (ABS and ESP)!!!! No idea what that has to do with oil level.

Any how, I dropped the off to them yesterday and hopefully will have some news tomorrow...stuck in a rubbish A class as a loaner

The car was purchased from Mercedes Benz UK directly, they have a few direct dealerships in the UK and I felt better buying direct but not had a great experience to date.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:56 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Weekend: 2010 SL 350 r230 Weekdays: 2018 E220d Coupe
Originally Posted by Mravant
Hi Guys,

The net seems very thin on info and forums for this model and it seems that this is the most active place to be

Collected our E220 AMG line in Designo white with Saddle brown leather (the combo actually works), at the end of May.

Drove it 7 miles home and had a warning lamp come up 'Oil over fill, please reduce oil level'. Now this model does not have a oil dipstick so was unable to check the exact level of oil.
The car had just had its first service before we collected it (it had done 2,000 miles in 1 year).

Took it back the next day and waited around for a couple of hours and was told that the oil level was correct and they were unsure what was wrong and that they have downloaded lots of data and sent it off to technical.

I was early in the week and stated that UK technical have no idea and has been sent to Technical in Germany.
Few days later got a call back stating that Germany has said a few sensors need calibrating (ABS and ESP)!!!! No idea what that has to do with oil level.

Any how, I dropped the off to them yesterday and hopefully will have some news tomorrow...stuck in a rubbish A class as a loaner

The car was purchased from Mercedes Benz UK directly, they have a few direct dealerships in the UK and I felt better buying direct but not had a great experience to date.
As well as the warning, did the car go into limp mode? (Very slow acceleration...)
That oil level too high error came up when the turbocharger failed on my 2017 e220d saloon when it was only weeks old. The fault was intermittent.
The first dealer outlet failed to diagnose the problem as the error was only flashed up in real time and not saved in the car for later diagnosis.
A second dealer kept the car running while connected and was eventually able to see the failure as it happened.
In the end a new turbocharger had to be ordered from Germany and fitted according to to some very specific instructions - including checking the oil level at two different temperatures.
I hope you don't have the same problem...
Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,046 Likes on 693 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Mravant
Hi Guys,

Seems to be a recurrent mb diesel problem.A few years ago I rented an MB van whose oil light was on all the time dispite the level being normal. ****ty Bosch sensor.
Old 06-19-2017, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E220 W213
Well good news!!!
strangely it was sensor calibration that was required.
All sorted now I hope.

It is frustrating that as mine does not have a physical dipstick and neither does the digital dash level say exactly how much oil is in the car.