E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Big Favor to Ask All of You - Re: Navigation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2017, 04:17 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 SL550
I have a 2013 SL550 and share some of the opinions expressed here. I've just emailed MBA as suggested here. My major beef is the lack of turn alerts until it is one mile away. Hope that it helps.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:02 AM

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
2021 E450, 2020 C43, 2015 C300, 2007 C280
Different GPS systems on E-Class and C-Class

Originally Posted by Egonvdv
Can someone advise wether the GPS is supposed to read out loud the incidents/traffic jams on the planned route?

Mine doesnt't say anything. it only mentions on the screen how many minutes delay there are in total.
(all functions/warnings within the gps have been switched on)

I can't even find a list in the menu which would state all the incidents on route.
it only shows them on the card itself which is far from clear.

Am i missing sommething?
Originally Posted by makris0000
Mine does not read out the incidents/traffic jams either even though I have everything turned on. Next time I take it to the dealership I am going to see if they can update the system with any and all available software updates.
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
Strange...

last weekend i drove back from barcelona to marseille (500km) and it showed 30 mns delay.

but i could not figure out if it was one traffic jam or several different incidents.
(it did turn out to be just one at the border)

it's impossible to see on the map where the traffic jams are, especially on a itinerary of 500km AND when you are driving.

So Basically you should just trust the GPS to find the best route...???
I browse the E-Class forum (as well as the Audi A4 and BMW 340), because I am planning ahead. The E-Class and C-Class must have different GPS systems. My 2015 C300 Luxury shows the location of incidents along the map of the calculated route. The incidents correspond to the list of incidents available by selecting Traffic Reports. The distances to the listed incidents are not shown. If the driver is familiar with how far ahead the location is, he or she can adjust the scale of the map accordingly. Several other differences desrcibed in this thread have convinced me that the E-Class GPS system is quite different from (and inferior) to the C-Class system.

This deficiency is only one of many reasons (especially overall reliability) that
are causing me to lean toward the Audi. I think many of Mercedes problems stem from a Mercedes identity crisis. Mercedes cannot make up its mind whether its sedans are sports sedans or a family sedans. i am looking for a family sedan.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E300
Originally Posted by gfmohn
I browse the E-Class forum (as well as the Audi A4 and BMW 340), because I am planning ahead. The E-Class and C-Class must have different GPS systems. My 2015 C300 Luxury shows the location of incidents along the map of the calculated route. The incidents correspond to the list of incidents available by selecting Traffic Reports. The distances to the listed incidents are not shown. If the driver is familiar with how far ahead the location is, he or she can adjust the scale of the map accordingly. Several other differences desrcibed in this thread have convinced me that the E-Class GPS system is quite different from (and inferior) to the C-Class system.

This deficiency is only one of many reasons (especially overall reliability) that
are causing me to lean toward the Audi. I think many of Mercedes problems stem from a Mercedes identity crisis. Mercedes cannot make up its mind whether its sedans are sports sedans or a family sedans. i am looking for a family sedan.
I hope somebody from Mercedes Benz is reading these messages and taking note. Only a matter of time before Mercedes starts losing sales to BMW and Audi and even the new Volvo
The following users liked this post:
gfmohn (08-27-2017)
Old 05-19-2018, 02:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E-300
These are not just convenience issues, they're also safety issues. A GPS that provides turn info in an untimely manner could contribute to an accident. And a lawsuit.

Last edited by pcascio; 05-20-2018 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:39 AM

Received 135 Likes on 103 Posts
2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by John Panagia
Thanks for providing this information. I sent the email as suggested. I have my E300 for 2 weeks and made my first trip: Long Island to Northern NJ and experienced all of this stuff and was wondering how this was possible. I went from a 2015 A6 that had a very good nav unit and expected so much more. Also, I recently had the Command software update to address display of overlapping confused images so I think I have latest.

Thanks again.
I haven't noticed some of the navigation issues you outline with the possible exception of the need for earlier freeway prompts. However, I have rented Audi A6 twice and do find their nav system superior (not the overall car though). I especially like the mute and single instruction function on the steering wheel.