How play video while driving - MBWorld.org Forums

Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W213)
How play video while driving > How play video while driving
Notices
E-Class (W213) 2016 -

How play video while driving

Old 07-17-2017, 03:43 AM

How play video while driving

Hi, with reference to the above video, do you know if by default the E class can play video while driving?

I can only manage to watch the movie when the car stops. While I'm driving, I get only the audio.

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:09 AM

Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 AM

Hi I got myself a CRUX VIMMB-85P that activates the Video in-motion features in Mercedes-Benz vehicles that are equipped with NTG5.5 Navigation Systems from Ebay, its a DIY Plug & Play activation via the OBD II port in only 30 seconds it was working great from day one and still working 100% it was the only VIM that i could find that worked with the M/Benz W213....hope this info helps you in some way get what you are after....cheers
Old 07-17-2017, 09:40 AM

I've installed the Crux device also and it works fine. However, I don't recommend watching Shakira while driving 230+ km/h
Old 07-17-2017, 10:14 AM

I hope you were only listen to the music at 244 km/h as that's way to fast to be watching as well ... so please try and keep it under 199 km/h

Last edited by grange3; 07-17-2017 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by grange3 View Post
Hi I got myself a CRUX VIMMB-85P that activates the Video in-motion features in Mercedes-Benz vehicles that are equipped with NTG5.5 Navigation Systems from Ebay, its a DIY Plug & Play activation via the OBD II port in only 30 seconds it was working great from day one and still working 100% it was the only VIM that i could find that worked with the M/Benz W213....hope this info helps you in some way get what you are after....cheers
Thank you! Does it affect any of the software functions in the car and also does it need to be plugged in at all times?
Old 07-18-2017, 08:32 AM

Beware of the new E-DUI laws.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Rambu View Post
Thank you! Does it affect any of the software functions in the car and also does it need to be plugged in at all times?
seems not: http://www.cruxinterfacing.com/produ...85P/index.html
Old 07-18-2017, 09:11 AM

No need to leave plugged in. Plug in once and it updates the firmware in your entertainment system, without affecting any other functions. Plug it in a second time and it's supposed to restore what it changed the first time. Probably flips a bit from 1 to 0 and and then back.

Once you use it on a car it can only be used on that one in the future. Guess it checks the VIN or something else. This prevents you from buying one and then using it on other E300s.

It was a novelty at first. But I'll tell you, after the first couple of weeks the novelty wore off. We don't have any kids, so on long trips whoever's not driving is reading a book or looking out the window. I use video mostly now when I'm parked in the grocery store parking lot waiting on my wife. And in that case, the normal functioning of the video system will work without this modification.

It DOES take concentration to not look at the screen when you're driving! So be careful.

Also... shop around. The price for this think is all over the map. I ended up paying about $180 USD from the Walmart web site.
Old 07-18-2017, 10:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GFyiXX_SXM

Hi, with reference to the above video, do you know if by default the E class can play video while driving?

I can only manage to watch the movie when the car stops. While I'm driving, I get only the audio.

Thanks!
Looks like you are not driving in North America. That should make the rest of us a little safer.
Old 07-19-2017, 06:54 PM

Does not affect software functions in any way that i have seen so far at all. only need to plug in for 30 sec then when the green light comes on that indicates all is working O.K. you can take it out of the OBD II port and store any were you want as you will not need it again.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM

Actually, you'll need it again if for some reason the dealer needs to restore software to your system. I was having problems connecting to internet radio and the solution was evidently a refresh of my radio's software, after which I had to use the Crux gizmo again. All is ok now.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:00 AM

Had a software update done only last week to my car and did not need to do anything with the CRUX VIMMB-85P at all. the good thing is if you need to reinstall just plug it in again and in 30 sec its back to working again back to watching TV or your video but do keep it under 199 km/h.... happy days

Last edited by grange3; 07-20-2017 at 11:50 AM.