W213 Widescreen Multimedia Display Issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 06:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2017 Mercedes E300
W213 Widescreen Multimedia Display Issue

Hi everyone,
My new E class Widescreen display became very dim when I entered into an undercover car park today. I though it was the brightness sensor auto adjustment. But it didn't turn back to clear brightness even I exited the area under the sun. It won't go back to normal even I turned off the car and restart again. Has anyone experienced this issue?

By the way, I did not know what it should be done but I fixed it by reseting (factory reset option) the multimedia system! Now is OK

Anyone know what is the right way to set or prevent it from happening again? I m worry it might go completely blank one day without the speedometer for driving.

Thanks
Old 08-25-2017, 07:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 294 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
coud have been a 1 time bug in the auto day/night-time setting.

if it happens again take it back to the dealer.

btw: you can reboot the system by pushing and holding the off button in the middle console.
hold it until the screen comes back on. - it's easier than the factory reset, cos u don't lose your settings
Old 08-25-2017, 12:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
N/A
Originally Posted by 2017MBw213
Hi everyone,
My new E class Widescreen display became very dim when I entered into an undercover car park today. I though it was the brightness sensor auto adjustment. But it didn't turn back to clear brightness even I exited the area under the sun. It won't go back to normal even I turned off the car and restart again. Has anyone experienced this issue?

By the way, I did not know what it should be done but I fixed it by reseting (factory reset option) the multimedia system! Now is OK

Anyone know what is the right way to set or prevent it from happening again? I m worry it might go completely blank one day without the speedometer for driving.

Thanks
This happened to me as well. There's something to scroll on your left hand side right by the side of the highbeam switches. Just scroll it up and it will brighten back up your display. It won't changed back unless you scroll it back down.
Old 08-27-2017, 07:48 PM

2017 Mercedes E300
Thanks Egonvdv & Sir Julian for your suggestion
Old 09-01-2017, 08:18 AM

2017 Mercedes E300
Originally Posted by SirJulian
This happened to me as well. There's something to scroll on your left hand side right by the side of the highbeam switches. Just scroll it up and it will brighten back up your display. It won't changed back unless you scroll it back down.
Does the car has light sensor on the display? It happened to my car again when I entered into an undercover carpark. It didn't change back to normal until I use your suggested way

I don't understand why it doesn't happen at night time driving (auto dimming) once I changed back the full brightness?