E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Beware of Haters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2017, 11:24 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
2020 E53 AMG
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
That really stinks. A number of years ago, I had a just purchased a brand new 911 cabriolet. One week into my ownership, I took her out of town to play in a golf tournament. I spent the night in a nice hotel, in a small town in rural MS. The next morning, on my way out to my car, I noticed a small ding on the drivers side door. As I looked closer, I noticed every exterior panel had been keyed !!! I had her repainted, but the value dropped by 1/3 overnight. I decided then and there, I would never pay cash for another luxury car, lease only. I wound up keeping it for a few months, and ordering a new one, which in retrospect was kinda dumb.

The good news, is that there was no harm done to you or your family! She will look brand new when the body shop gets through with her. Don’t make the mistake I did years ago, and trade it. Keep and drive it! It’s an awesome car I’m sure.
Thanks man...in the grand scheme of things I know it doesn't mean a thing and me and my family are safe.

I keep telling myself many people have it ten thousand times worse that me and to be grateful for all that I have and achieved.

It's just a reminder that some can be so hateful, cruel, destructive, this list could go on for about three days, but my point is we good and honest people must rise above it and continue to move forward with a positive attitude, otherwise THEY have won!
Old 11-13-2017, 09:02 PM

Received 43 Likes on 40 Posts
W213 Night Edition 220d. (ML250 SLK350AMG)
Originally Posted by Egonvdv
That's still not good enough though, cos by the time u get to your car,
the person's probably already gone.

I don't understand why still no car manufacturer offers a built in dashcam
(the e-class has 4 cameras which could easily be hooked up to the system)

there are cloud based dashcams that can send you an sms when there's an event (and start filming at the same time),
but in order to do so it needs to be hooked up to the car's wifi... which in MB's case is switched off in park mode...
Citroen C3 just released is the first production car to offer recording via the inbuilt camera
Old 11-14-2017, 03:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
yes you are right actually. I saw the commercial a few months back
But I should have said REAL car manufacturer ;-)