E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Rifle Mount in trunk?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 09:26 AM

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
S550
Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW
Yeah I don't go around bashing people in threads with topics I don't agree with but for some reason people always think I care about their opinion on MY gun rights lol. As far as the ATF, it's strange that you don't need prior approval for a suppressor transportation across state lines…but lob 2" off your barrel and OMG you better tell us! lol

The pinned and welded can on a 10.5" barrel gives you the best of both worlds for a car rifle setup. In this day and age, anything can happen. It sucks we even have to THINK about rifles in our vehicles but with the crazies and terrorists popping up everywhere, I won't be caught without one!

On that note, if any of you are in FL and want to come out to a great event, I'm hosting another event on December 2nd and 3rd in Tarpon Springs. I plan and host two annual events each year to help my clients get their products into the hands of responsible shooters for a demo day. The last one was a heck of a good time and this new one will be even bigger.
Sounds like an awesome event. I will see if I can work it in. Might be able to bring some of my Class III toys. Ignore the anti gun propaganda. We know that the only way to defend yourself or family is to be appropriately armed. I’m so thankful that I live in a state within a country that allows me to do just that.

Are you anywhere near KAC? I have a lot of their toys
Old 11-24-2017, 09:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w213 e63s
I don't have any insight on storage as I have the wagon, but wanted to say thanks for sharing your truck setup. The tundra looks fantastic. Enjoy your new E300.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 292 Likes on 223 Posts
E 300 AMG-Line diesel-Hybrid - 2021
Originally Posted by ua549
There are many freedoms in the US that are missing in Canada. Canadian rights are granted only to citizens and permanent residents. In the US rights are granted to everyone physically present in the US, citizen or not. Freedom of speech is limited in Canada. By law only French and English can be used to communicate with the government. Certain speech is not allowed such as "hate speech" that has no definition. In Canada the government can suspend all rights by decree. Most importantly Canadian rights are NOT part of their constitution. As such they can be changed by the national government at any time by the Canadian Parliament.

Back on topic the E300 trunk has two tie down hard points about 42" apart a few inches in from the rear of the car.
Yet if you take all factors in consideration that makes a country "free", the US isn't even in the top 10 (canada is).
However I have no problem with the OP asking here how he can make his Mercedes war ready ;-)
And I also enjoy shooting guns whenever I visit my cousin in San Diego!

Last edited by Egonvdv; 11-24-2017 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:10 AM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by GeNomeZ
Good morning,

While I also exercise my 2nd Ammendant rights, I have never actually thought about putting my AR or any other rifle in my car. I always have a pistol on my person and at least one other locked securely in my 2015 CLS400. I just might have to look into this.

I have toyed with the thought of getting a suppressor (especially since the requirements are different than they used to be), but haven’t yet pulled the trigger (pun intended). My father is an avid collector of all types of firearms including suppressed and even several Tommy guns from WWII and other similar types of weapons.

I am certainly no professional like you, but even as kids (I’m in my 40’s now) we were raised to respect firearms for both their intended purpose as well as the dangers of not handling them properly. How to check a firearm to see if it’s loaded when someone hands it to you (and not just take someone’s word that it is), making sure you never point it at a person or even anything that you wouldn’t to shoot (unloaded or not), proper cleaning and very important how to secure our firearms.

I hear a lot of the same things you do regarding gun control etc., but I usually find it coming from people who have never held a firearm or at least very little experience. Most who have experience would agree that guns should be in the hands of law abiding citizens only and someone who knows how to properly use it. That’s one of the benefits of our great country...we don’t all have to agree with each other or a government that’s telling us what we have to do.

Anyway, I’m in SE FL and I am curious about your event. Can you PM any details? Thank you!
PM sent brother! I hope you make it and I hope you win one of the awesome prizes!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:13 AM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
Sounds like an awesome event. I will see if I can work it in. Might be able to bring some of my Class III toys. Ignore the anti gun propaganda. We know that the only way to defend yourself or family is to be appropriately armed. I’m so thankful that I live in a state within a country that allows me to do just that.

Are you anywhere near KAC? I have a lot of their toys
I live in the Tampa Area. It's a two day event so hopefully you can come one of the two days. Basically for $40 you get to demo machine guns, silencers, flamethrowers and Harley Davidsons…including the ammo. And we are giving away 40+ guns and silencers in the free raffle! You're more than welcome to bring your guns and shoot them after you demo everything but speaking from experience, I'd just come and enjoy the day without having to worry about hauling your gear.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:17 AM

2018 E300
Off topic: For those of you that want to attend the event. Here is a quick info video!

Old 11-24-2017, 11:18 AM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by ua549
There are many freedoms in the US that are missing in Canada. Canadian rights are granted only to citizens and permanent residents. In the US rights are granted to everyone physically present in the US, citizen or not. Freedom of speech is limited in Canada. By law only French and English can be used to communicate with the government. Certain speech is not allowed such as "hate speech" that has no definition. In Canada the government can suspend all rights by decree. Most importantly Canadian rights are NOT part of their constitution. As such they can be changed by the national government at any time by the Canadian Parliament.

Back on topic the E300 trunk has two tie down hard points about 42" apart a few inches in from the rear of the car.
Thank man! You've been a big help!
Old 11-24-2017, 11:21 AM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by thefisch
Going back off topic for a second, the video production quality is top notch. Very well done.
Thank You! I hope you enjoy the there videos on my channel! The easiest way to find me is to search for "NFA Review Channel" in the YouTube search bar. The Tactical Walls review I did would make the haters lose their minds! lol
Old 11-24-2017, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,060 Likes on 699 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by NFAREVIEW
Our country has been armed since it's inception. It's why we exist. Want to try another topic hot shot? How about Bill of Rights for $200, back to you Alex!
is
During its inception there were mountain lions, bears and natives to deal with. You also had to hunt to eat. Not to mention slaves, women that couldnt vote, indentured servants, and leeches for medical treatment. Since you a misreading literalist of the second amendment, you are welcome to own all the muskets and single firing pistols you wish, nothing more.

Last edited by c4004matic; 11-24-2017 at 12:41 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by c4004matic:
78degrees (11-24-2017), ronin amg (11-30-2017), The_Judge (11-26-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by c4004matic
is
During its inception there were mountain lions, bears and natives to deal with. You also had to hunt to eat. Not to mention slaves, women that couldnt vote, indentured servants, and leeches for medical treatment. Since you a misreading literalist of the second amendment, you are welcome to own all the muskets and single firing pistols you wish, nothing more.
There are still big cats, bears, reptiles, gangs, misandrist women and other dangers to deal with today. Weapons are a necessary tool to protect one's family and home. The government can't/won't do it. Police are a slow reactionary force sometimes taking hours to respond rather than seconds. Sure there are a few people who have never been a victim of crime, but most people have.

The US Constitution is a living document that is interpreted using contemporary mores. Those mores include modern methods, tools and procedures.
Old 11-24-2017, 03:41 PM

Received 71 Likes on 54 Posts
2018 E63S
This forum thread shows very clear why most of europe just laughs of USAs weapon regulations..

Personally I think it's just sad. Where I'm from weapons are used for hunting and where I live at the moment as protection against polar bears.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by 78degrees
This forum thread shows very clear why most of europe just laughs of USAs weapon regulations..

Personally I think it's just sad. Where I'm from weapons are used for hunting and where I live at the moment as protection against polar bears.
Unfortunately in this country for many, being "ignant" is a matter of personal pride. The republican party, the party of the rich, made a historic decision to woo the white religious underclass that abandoned the democratic party as a result of the democratic embrace of the civil rights movement. They have now lost control os the party to the aptly labelled deplorables, who now feel emboldened to profess all their whacky paranoid ideas as if they were facts. Its all part of the worldwide right movement of brexiters, la Pens, ***** an other associated vermin.
The following users liked this post:
The_Judge (11-26-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 04:40 PM

2018 E300
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Unfortunately in this country for many, being "ignant" is a matter of personal pride. The republican party, the party of the rich, made a historic decision to woo the white religious underclass that abandoned the democratic party as a result of the democratic embrace of the civil rights movement. They have now lost control os the party to the aptly labelled deplorables, who now feel emboldened to profess all their whacky paranoid ideas as if they were facts. Its all part of the worldwide right movement of brexiters, la Pens, ***** an other associated vermin.
LOL umm yeah the Democrats started slavery slick. And ****'s? LOL Yeah did you know the KKK is a Democrat organization! HAHAHA.

The 2A does not have ANYTHING to do with hunting…nothing. It has EVERYTHING to do with keeping the government in check. You know…the reason why we left the sh*t side of the pond to start our own way of life. And man is it grand! Go ahead and believe everything you see in the news. I'm over here just enjoying my guns and freedom with a smile on my face.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:43 PM

2018 E300
Hopefully this triggers the trolls into a coma.

TestnDoc (11-24-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 06:04 PM

S550
I would not even engage the left leaning trolls, who have probably never even handled a weapon. So thankful to live in the USA.
Old 11-24-2017, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by TestnDoc
I would not even engage the left leaning trolls, who have probably never even handled a weapon. So thankful to live in the USA.
Right, I as an army armorer and have multiple guns. Im simply not ignorant nor deluded. We have gun violence rates similar to Afghanistan, now, that, is proper evidence of collective stupidity.
The following 2 users liked this post by c4004matic:
ronin amg (11-30-2017), The_Judge (11-26-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 06:59 PM

S550
Troll filter engaged.

I would like to find a trunk mount for my Benelli M4 Tactical too. Probably would fit a mount designed for rifles, except for the larger diameter barrel.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 36 Likes on 31 Posts
'15 T&C & '14 SL63
How about some 30 day bans for the jackasses who just can't help but inject politics into a thread that doesn't have to be political?

For guns, against guns, I don't know and I don't care.

What I am absolutely against is a jackass who can't help but inject his politicized bs into otherwise productive discussions. Take that crap someplace appropriate, TYVM.
MR_M.Benz (11-26-2017)
Old 11-24-2017, 09:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

17 E43; 21 GLS580
Since when is a car forum an extension of guns and ammo? Besides the politics this is not a gun forum! Furtheremore a large proportion of the members are international, who see our psychopathic obsession with guns to compensate for our phallic inadequacies, at best, as retarded.
The following 3 users liked this post by c4004matic:
78degrees (11-25-2017), MR_M.Benz (11-26-2017), The_Judge (11-26-2017)