E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Picking up Certified E43 AMG this Saturday: Looking for Feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-14-2017, 09:37 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 E43 AMG
Picking up Certified E43 AMG this Saturday: Looking for Feedback

Good morning everyone, brand new to the forum. I'm planning this Saturday to pick up a gently used certified 2017 E43 AMG this Saturday. Attaching link below to the car. Does anyone know about this car or have had their eyes on it? It's at Rahal Mercedes in Pittsburgh, PA. I think it's a pretty good deal, getting it for around $71k with only 850 miles - basically brand new and specced well with the options. Beats the heck out of ordering a new one or paying close to $80k plus for it.

http://www.mercedesbenzofpittsburgh....1087c51508.htm

I've mainly owned Audis and Porsches, coming out of a heavily modified 2014 S6 (over 700 hp and torque). Wondering others thoughts on the E43 - I think the car looks amazing and the tech is certainly there. I'm not looking for an extreme modified car like I had in my S6. I already have the track/summer car covered with a 997 turbo in the garage with about 900 hp. I've been looking for something similar to the S6, more luxurious, haul the family/work people around occasionally, comfortable and with enough power on demand to have a little fun when I want to. Have had plenty of Audis, so sort of tired of the brand and really can't stand BMWs - so if drove me to considering Mercedes. I've looked at the previous gen E63s but have told myself I don't need 2 ridiculous cars in my garage (the 911 turbo fits the bill enough plus my wife hated my S6 as it sat pretty low and she didn't like the harshness of the ride)...

Just looking or everyone's thoughts on the E43 and if you think this is a good buy. I live in Columbus, OH so sort of working out this deal sight unseen which makes me little nervous but welcome everyone's feedback.

Thanks,
Daniel
Old 12-15-2017, 10:12 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2015 C300 Sport
So far it *looks* like a good buy, with the caveat that any AMG car will likely be driven hard. You'll want to ensure you have a Carfax report and drive it thoroughly yourself to make sure you know if there are any issues outstanding that have not been fixed.

If you do your homework and check it over thoroughly you'll be fine
Old 12-15-2017, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,120 Likes on 732 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
This is actually a very good deal, 71K is a good price for a car with very low miles, a heavily optioned E43 is almost 90K. As a daily driver the car is brilliant and more than sporty enough. Its not a snorting brute but its very fast and probably handles better than the old E63. Ive taken mine on the track and the instructors were amazed that such a fatty was providing better times around the autocross than much more autocross worthy vehicles like 3 series, modified Z's and so on. The only car faster the day I was there was a spanking new c63s and it won only by fractions.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:34 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2017 E43 AMG
Thanks and appreciate everyone's feedback. Looks like everything is a go and I'm going to drive out tomorrow morning to get it. One pesky question that I can't seem to find a forum answer on; I have a passport radar detector that I typically use a blendmount from my review mirror and tap into the overhead console. Is this what folks are doing with yours? I can't fend any mirror mounts that fit on the Mercedes (I guess their mirrors attach straight up with little room?) I could use a suction/sticky cup to attache the windshield but prefer the idea of hard attaching it as I wouldn't want it to fall down and damage any of the interior. I know - first world problems!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 818 Likes on 649 Posts
Electric connectivity is problematic as well. There are no switched power points and no 12vdc receptacles.
Old 12-17-2017, 06:51 AM

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts
2018 E300
Originally Posted by dguth
Thanks and appreciate everyone's feedback. Looks like everything is a go and I'm going to drive out tomorrow morning to get it. One pesky question that I can't seem to find a forum answer on; I have a passport radar detector that I typically use a blendmount from my review mirror and tap into the overhead console. Is this what folks are doing with yours? I can't fend any mirror mounts that fit on the Mercedes (I guess their mirrors attach straight up with little room?) I could use a suction/sticky cup to attache the windshield but prefer the idea of hard attaching it as I wouldn't want it to fall down and damage any of the interior. I know - first world problems!
I know my Valentine One (2017 model) sometimes picks up K Band BSM from cars on the road. Even with the updated software it gets false alerts from those systems. I'm wondering if the various radars onboard the E300 will mess with it? My wife's E300 P3 isn't In yet so I haven't tested it out. Just wanted you to be aware. Maybe others can chime in.