E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Need checklist for E400 pick up

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 12:41 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Need checklist for E400 pick up

Hi my wife’s wagon is now at the dealer and we’ll pick it up next week. I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. Here are the items on my checklist. Please add any others as needed.

1. Keyfobs (2)

2. Paper owners manual (is there one?)

3. Exterior and interior condition including wheels

4. First aid kit?

5. Tools?

6. Set up garage door openers

Anything else?
Old 01-12-2018, 01:19 PM

Received 123 Likes on 99 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
If your car comes with a cargo net, make sure it fits. The one I received with my 2018 E400 Coupe was too small to connect to the hooks in the trunk, an error that apparently plagues all similar cars. My dealer ordered the supposedly correct one for me at no charge — it's pretty tight, too, but it does fit.

Addendum: I just remembered that the cargo net that came with my 2018 E400 Coupe was for a C-Class, not an E-Class. You can't tell that from the label on the packaging, but the dealership's parts manager looked it up by the part number on the package and made that discovery. He said he checked several other 2018 E400's on the lot and found that all had the C-Class net. I don't know how the two nets compare size-wize, but it seems that the E-Class net the dealer ordered for me fits a bit better (the C-Class net was nearly impossible to attach to the four metal loops in the trunk), although the E-Class net is still a very tight fit. It's so tight that it's difficult to get anything large under it. Consequently, I've stopped using it and instead bought a couple of flat bungee cords from Amazon to keep stuff from sliding around in the trunk. Mercedes goofed on this one, IMHO.

Last edited by The_Judge; 01-13-2018 at 01:04 PM. Reason: Added info.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Originally Posted by Long Islander
I want to make sure I don’t miss anything.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
18 E.pdf (136.8 KB, 139 views)
Old 01-12-2018, 08:34 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Thanks Konigstiger.

Looking through the list you posted, I think my main concern is missing items or damage so as to avoid "he-said-she-said." Items that aren't working correctly can easily be fixed under warranty.

I noticed the following items on your list, which seems to confirm that I will get a tire tool kit and sealant even though I will have run-flat tires. Also confirms paper manual and first aid kit. The cargo net is something I wasn't expecting.Tool kit & tirefit: Verify proper installation of vehicle jack/ tool kit/ tire air compressor and tire filler sealant bottle Trunk / Cargo contents: Place first aid kit, sunroof crank, head restraint reset tool in appropriate locations, and operator’s manual portfolio in glove box / Cargo net