E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Keyless go hands-free trunk/hatch opening/closing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2018 | 04:10 PM

2018 E400 4matic Wagon
Keyless go hands-free trunk/hatch opening/closing

On my E400 wagon, which has Keyless Go, you can open or close the hatch by kicking your foot under the bumper in the center part of the bumper. I assume it works the same way on E class sedans and coupes as well. I was wondering if you could have the dealer turn off the kick-to-close feature to avoid being bonked on the head when the hatch is open and you're arranging stuff in the cargo area. This happened to me today (third day of owning the car) but I jumped out of the way in time.

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2018 | 05:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think the function can be disabled. The solution is to keep your feet from under the car. When I load/empty the trunk my feet remain a foot (at least 12") behind the bumper.
Old 01-21-2018 | 05:39 PM

2015 ML350+2021 E350
Originally Posted by Long Islander
On my E400 wagon, which has Keyless Go, you can open or close the hatch by kicking your foot under the bumper in the center part of the bumper. I assume it works the same way on E class sedans and coupes as well. I was wondering if you could have the dealer turn off the kick-to-close feature to avoid being bonked on the head when the hatch is open and you're arranging stuff in the cargo area. This happened to me today (third day of owning the car) but I jumped out of the way in time.

Thanks.
Don't know about disabling the close part only, but I assume you might be able to disable the sensor completely. However, the sedan model is supposed to have a auto-stop safety feature to avoid injury. I haven't tried it personally , but this guy has (it's near the end, about the 1:10 mark).