MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   E-Class (W213) (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213-208/)
-   -   Google Home and Mercedes Me- Remote Start (https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/696376-google-home-mercedes-me-remote-start.html)

Jon S 01-24-2018 10:25 AM

Google Home and Mercedes Me- Remote Start

Is anyone else extremely frustrated with the Mercedes Me app? The stupid thing ONCE had the ability to remote start the car from Google Home but Mercedes Me has since deactivated the feature. Its extremely frustrating since the app takes FOREVER to open up. Furthermore, it sounds like some of the Mercedes owners overseas (outside the US) have the ability to change temperature in the car remotely, activate heater, etc etc. Such SIMPLE easy options that are not activated. Extremely disappointed. Anyone else know if the google home feature will be back? I tried emailing them

W213Sal 01-24-2018 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jon S (Post 7365210)
Is anyone else extremely frustrated with the Mercedes Me app? The stupid thing ONCE had the ability to remote start the car from Google Home but Mercedes Me has since deactivated the feature. Its extremely frustrating since the app takes FOREVER to open up. Furthermore, it sounds like some of the Mercedes owners overseas (outside the US) have the ability to change temperature in the car remotely, activate heater, etc etc. Such SIMPLE easy options that are not activated. Extremely disappointed. Anyone else know if the google home feature will be back? I tried emailing them

I don't have any of these options and my car is well spec'd (COMAND, dual screens, HUD etc), I only learned this after I took delivery that all this is disabled in ireland and the only thing I can do remotely is lock and unlock the doors and check tire pressure etc. I'm fuming. BMW have all this s*it enabled. I wouldn't give up my W213 for anything though, it's a masterpiece of a car, sh*ts all over the 5 series and A6 in every way imaginable.

petee1997 01-24-2018 11:20 AM

Think it's bad in the US! Canada will not activate Mercedes Me until 2019. Ridiculous!!!

ua549 01-24-2018 12:10 PM

Mercedes me is pretty much useless in the US because of the time (>1 min) it takes to start and log in. Sometimes it asks for a pin and other times it wants an email address and a password.

Lanzz 01-24-2018 01:14 PM

Mercedes Me is a total POS. I can get Amazon Alexa to lock, but not unlock or remote start my E300 ((sometimes...))

Drano64 01-24-2018 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jon S (Post 7365210)

Complete POS. Mercedes sold this NEW E-Series touting all the advances in TECHNOLOGY. Mercedes Me and it's supposed features. Self parking, remote start, etc etc. Awesome LED headlamps that do not function in the US. Semi autonomous driving, so so. Hi Tech cockpit, a nav system behind the times. Google earth view from miles out that only covers major thoroughfares. Weak. Key remotes (fobs) that take a step back in functionality. No more his and her fobs for saved settings. CONNECTIVITY??? completely useless.

For all the bells and whistles at $80,000+ a very sad attempt to the "most technically advanced car" ever built. Only on their sales promos and videos. Sorry for the venting.

Drano64 01-24-2018 03:08 PM

Forgot to mentioned the NFC communications. Zero of which works in the US. Another great video sales pitch from MB

mark little 01-25-2018 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by W213Sal (Post 7365266)
I don't have any of these options and my car is well spec'd (COMAND, dual screens, HUD etc), I only learned this after I took delivery that all this is disabled in ireland and the only thing I can do remotely is lock and unlock the doors and check tire pressure etc. I'm fuming. BMW have all this s*it enabled. I wouldn't give up my W213 for anything though, it's a masterpiece of a car, sh*ts all over the 5 series and A6 in every way imaginable.

Is livetraffic working for you in Ireland?

makris0000 01-25-2018 01:49 PM

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...fead2976d2.png
Mercedes took the remote start function away from Amazon Alexa and Google Home. Whenever I ask Alexa to start my car it says the feature is temporarily unavailable.

I wish they would bring this. back because I used Alexa to start my car all the time.

*Please ignore my messy desktop*